Chapter 4: White Walls

Azaiah always hated the stench of these buildings, they were also so clean, so sanitized. He felt like if he even sniffled once, he’d be thrown into quarenteen for a month. They mamde it on base an hour ago, went to building 755 for the initial briefing, existed that room through a secret door, went down two flights of stiars, went up another flight, emerged in a secret facility that they then left through a book case that covered a flight of stairs. He really wondered if all this security was needed, but with anything regaurding time travel classified at an Omega level, this was normal. The general public knew about the military’s classification system, or at least they thought they did. Turns out there was another level beyond the TS-SCI clearance, one that only a few could even know existed, and only a few dozen were ever granted accesss to these most secret of secrets. The author does hope that this isn’t really the case and that he just revealed top secret information, but it’s fiction and my world, so whatever.

After taking a subway to what he was pretty sure just spun him in a few circles, they got out, and were gretted by several men in lab coats.

“Azaiah, it’s so good to see you again!”

Yep, that was Dr Stien. Azaiah cautionsly shook his hand, put pulled away even quicker than he had normally wanted to after seeing several sharp objects poking out of the doctor’s coat. Some people were not made to be around other people, and that was one of them.

They were lead into a room that would only enter after each of them went through a metal detector, a retina scan, a finger print check, and even had to give a drop of blood. He shook his hand a bit, trying to get rid of the stining sensation on his finger from where they had to poke his finger.  “So, what are we here to dicusess?” Seth asked while they took a seat around the table.

“El, psy, corago.” A younger person in a lapcoat entered the room, putting his ceel phone away. Azaiah was confused aas to how they could even have a cell phone this far into a secret facility. He then reconzied the phone was only a toy, which confused him even more. Oh well, scientists were crazy, couldn’t do much abuot that, accept make sure you carefully read any documents they give you to sign.

With the table now completely full, an old man with white hair began speaking. “Azaiah, Seth, it’s good to have you among us as always. We’re grateful you were able to make the move up here so quickly.”

“Not a problem, we are just glad to be able to help,” Seth said, though it made Azaiah want to add something about just speaking for himself, but that would be rude, and probably lead to him being yelled at. So, he decided to just be quiet for a little bit instead.

“We’ve been able to go over the readings from that last study, and have found some interesting results. Noah had taken the lead in examing it, would you care to explain what you have discovered.” At this, one of the scientists stood up. Azaiah thought that he looked familer, but that was probably just because of the other times he’d been here.

“Yes, we’ve discovered the transmission of nurons in Azaiah’s central cortex fire at an intriguing rate when he manipulates gravity. We have also detected several other unsuala electromagnetic signals in the gamma bandwidth.” Of course, Azaiah nodded as the presentation continued, he was a super hero, it made sense that his brain would do some pretty strange things in the midst of controlling his powers.

“We have seen other strange signals in the alpha range during his manipuatlion of time. It seems to spike in a way, on occasion overloading the sensors if he held time in place for more than 3 seonds.”

“Did you take into account that with his time being different from yours, it could compound the results.”

“Yes, we did,” Noah explained. “We had several probes set up along the wire, attemping to place his sphere of influence and calculate the results accordingly. We are still working on a Matlab function to be able to handle that. However, that is still in the process of being built.”