Chapter 11: Confrontation

A/N: Yes I know there are two chapter 11s, I apparently forgot that I already ended chapter 10 when I wrote the end of that last scene. And yes I’m counting this author note as words because I can.

Chapter 11: Confrontation

As Azaiah felt the elevator decend, he wondered if what he was doing was right. Sure, he knew that stopping these people was the best thing to do, that was good. But to leave Yuan’s life up to others, up to cahcne, and to go down here alone. Some would say that he should get up, the police, the military, but if he was right about Noah’s connecteion to Cicada, either directly or indirectly, he couldn’t risk involving those he wouldn’t trust. Furthermore, if there was truth in the fact that they wre after him, he’d give the exactly what they watned by doing this, force them to use everything they had to fight him. While it might be true that he was walking into a trap, it was better that he do it alone than with the baggage of those he’d have to protect. This made this easier, simplier, and he would ensure that he was still able to do it and save everyone.

The elevator door opened onto the lowest floor, and he could see the cameras placed at the elevator entrance. “I’m here!” he announced.

“I wondered if you’d return,” Noah asked fro a loud speaker.

“I knew it was you!” Azaiah  shouted

“You are quite the smart one kid,” Noah once again said. “It’s a shame that they wrapped all those gifts into one person, good lucks, intellect, plus your geneeticly enginnered powers. Oh well, you won’t be the last one like you, I’ll make sure of that.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Azaiah asked, looking for someone he could punch.

“Come forward, take a few steps, and you’ll find out just what I mean by that.”

Not liking where this is going, but deciding to go with it anyway, Azaiah took a few steps forward, seeing that this hallway cureved into a straight one, not unlike where all those rooms were. At the edge of it, after what seemed like a few hundred feet were wide double doors. He kenw that’s where he was wanted, for good or ill, and Azaiah decided to head down there, even if it was just what the enemy wanted. He accedlerated his body, though walked as fast a snormal, not letting them know he had his guard up in case he saw some type of incoin attack he’d still be able to aovid it in time, but more than that he wanted to be able to punch someone beore they had a chance to react back. After entering the doors, he saw the room in front of him seemed to be some kind of giant robotic guardage. There were parts strewn around the room, a couple almost complete robots in the corners, however, in the middle of the room surrounded by a wide opening was Noah.

“Hello Azaiah, my name is Hon, it’s good to meet you like this.”

“So you are with Cicada!”

“Yes, but how do you know that Hon and Cidada are connected. You seem to know far too much for just a nosey kid.”

“Azaiah smiled a bit at that comment. “I have sources of information beyond the network o the NSA and their PRSIM, more than that, I know what’s goiong to happen to you.

“Oh, do you know? Tel me what it is if you’re so conficent in your sources.”

“First I’m kicking your butt, then you are your lackkes are going to jail.

“Come and try it then.”

Of course, that was a trap, Azaiah wouldn’t’ allow himself to fall for something so simple. No, he’d just wait back, take a few steps forward at a time, allt he while concentrating on the weight of Hon. Except, he releized there wasn’t any weight there, it was just a protection. So, Hon wasn’t even going to show his face. As Azaiah got closer, he looked around the room, trying to find the protject, though oculdn’t find it.