Chapter 7: Where There's Smoke, There's a Pyromaniac

Chapter 7: Where there’s smoke, there’s a pyromaniac

After enjoying the food for a few mintues, he noticed there wstarted to e some kind of strange mist in the air. He wonderef if someon got out the fog machine, to test, or just pressed a few wrong buttons on it. It didn’t seem to be anormal type of fog, though instead it was a strange orangeish color. He looked around, wondering if there were any lights shining that gave it that tent.

“You notice it too?” Stevie asked

“Yeah, this is something weird,” Alex added, and knowing that he wasn’t the only one thinking this was a bit strange, carefully glanced around the room to see if anyone else, and he saw Zack in the distance pointing up at it.

“Maybe we should get out of here,” Azaiah suggested, though  he wasn’t sure if he was just being paranoid or not.

“You think it’s that bad,” Stevie asked, and Azaiah felt bad for worrying her, in case this really was nothing, however if this strange gas was dangerous, then he had to get her out of here, get them all out. Sure, it might ruin their party, but that was a small price to pay to keep every one safe. “Everyone!” Azaiah called out and the people turned to him. “Does anyone know what this orange gas is?”

He was met with a series of nos, confsuions, and more questions. “Let’s get out of here then, it could be dangerous to stay here for too much longer.” With that, he and the others made their way to the door.

“It’s locked!” Alex asked, pushing against it, turning the knob, but to no avail.

“You’re pushing it the right way, aren’t you?”

“Yes, it says push on it!” This made Azaiah really start to worry, however what told him that this really was a danger was the sound of someone collapsing. He turned and saw a girl lying face down on the floor. Several people rushed to her side and indicated she’d passed out. Maybe this would be going against everything his parents told him about acting wisely and not rushing into things and not giving away their secrets, but aat a time like this his ffirensd lifves could very well be in danger, and he weasn’t going to just do nothing when he had the power to actually help them. He rushed to the door, and pulled back his fist. Forcing it to fly as quickly as possible, he punched the door, forcing a hole to form in it. His hand stung at such a punch, though even with a couple drops of blood forming on it, that was okay.

However, time was runnihg hsort, several others had already collpasled. He reached for his phone, knowing he had to call 911, however, he didn’t get any service. “Can anyone call 911?” he asked, to which several people pulled out their phone only to see the same thing, that they didn’t get any service.

Whoever was doing this to them oviously knew what they were doing, had the techniology to stop any ecape or any alerting of athoritizes. Azaiah noticed he was starting to become sleepy as well. He looked up, seeing some windows at the top of the room, though they were around 15 feet off the ground. “Screw it,” he said to himself while others were focusing on the passed around around him, Azaiah flew into the air. However, as he get closer to the windows, the sleepiness overwhelmed him and he fell unconscious as well.

As he fell back to the ground, he could hear the voices around him stop, questions no longer being asked, and no longer were cries of help being hurt. He tried to fight through the tiredness, feeling the pain of crashing into the ground, along with his body falling over and knew he was alying on top of his arm in an uncomfortable way, however all those feelings completely faded, and the last thing he heard were some footsteps coming into the room.