22: Why Walk Away?

Melea's POV:

I made sure to cover my tracks after i realized what everyone was doing to find me. I should've left a note behind or something, but I just wasn't thinking when i left that day. I left and never looked back. SO far I've been to Montana, Iowa, Texas, New York, Maine, Canada, and now I'm in Croatia. I'm on my way to Russia. I spent most of my money on a new identity. Nikolina Konstantinova. I paid a woman who looks a lot like me to switch documents, she would have all of mine and i, hers. The aches and pains have started in my back which has made traveling harder, but it's better off this way.

"Nikolina?" I glanced up at the woman who called out my name and followed her back. "I see you speak little Croatian?" Her harsh european accent filled the room as she brought me back. " Yes, i know the basics' I chuckled. "You look like this one woman who missing in America" She laughed and wrote a few things down in my file. I chuckled awkwardly and tensed up hoping no one would notice. "So Doctor be back to help you' She smiled as she walked out and left me in the room alone, i glanced around as i was waiting for the doctor to come in. "Uh, Nikolina?" He glanced up from the file and stared at me. " Melea?" "Hi, Enes." I smiled sheepishly. "Your father called me, what is going on?" I sighed as he asked me all these questions. " I need you to give me the name of that doctor in Russia that my mom was supposed to go too." I said firmly, she was supposed to go to this doctor who swore he knew how to cure cancer with a few medications but she never made it. "How bad is the pain?" He asked as he sat on the chair across from me.

"Pretty bad." I nodded slowly. "How long has it been since it started?" He asked but now he seemed more worried. "A week." "Okay." He stood up and walked out leaving me alone once again, a few minuets later he came back in which a bag filled with medication, and piece of paper. " You have three bottles of pain killers, should last you a few months. Theres the name and address." I hugged him tightly because although i havent seen him in awhile he helped my mom the best he could. " I have to call and let your dad know that youre okay." He pulled me away for a quick second. I sighed and nodded as he walked me out of the room. "Good luck" he hugged me one last time.

I got in my car and sat there staring at the paper that had the address for the doctor who could've saved my mom, and who possibly could save me.

I started my car and drove towards Russia, itll take me awhile but i have to make it before i die...