9

The October air nipped at Yvonne. Today she was meeting up with her cousin, Persia, and Emilio for lunch at her place. She was excited to see Persia, since they've been so busy that they haven't seen each other in months.

Now Persia was the forgotten child in the family. Nobody wanted to look into her eyes after knowing how her mother died. Its some big family secret that only the siblings know. None of the offspring knows what really happened. However after catching wind that she had a long lost cousin, Yvonne did her research and reached out for her. Yvonne is the only one that knows all about what Persia went through. It made Yvonne see her in a whole new light, she saw a woman determined to survive.

_____
"Hey sugah, how you doing?", Yvonne asks as she invites Persia into her home. Emilio was already there.

Yvonne had already decided that she was going to cook for them. She loved the fact the October, her favorite month, was finally here. She went to the store and did her monthly shopping for groceries. Tomorrow she was going shopping for fall and winter clothes. Having Persia and Emilio over is a reminder that she has to get her social life back. The days of her businesses opening up will start in a few days.

_______
"So what do y'all want me to make?"

"Girl, cook what you wanna cook. Either way its gonna be good.", Persia said.

"Yeah, sis, hook it up.", Emilio said.

Yvonne clapped her hands dramatically.

"I knew y'all was gone do this to me. That's why I already cooked this bomb ass creamy chicken pot pie. Get into this meal right here.", Yvonne pulled her homemade pot pie out of the oven.

She went ahead and stared fixing plates. Then after she served them she went ahead to pour them both a glass of her special sweet tea. After getting together she went to fixing her own plate.

"Oh my goodness this is good. Royce misses your cooking.", Persia says.

"Tell him he can get him something to eat whenever he wants to. Y'all have to come for dinner sometime.", Yvonne confirmed.

Yvonne sat down with her plate and drink. Time to let the conversation begin.

"So what are these events you have coming up?", Emilio asked.

"I have the modeling agency coming up soon. Then I have my jewelry line opening up. Then I'm putting my partying skills together and I'm gonna open up a club.", Yvonne smiled with excitement.

"Are you sure that won't be too much for you?"

"Ever since I can remember my mama told me that my pretty face wouldn't get me anywhere. She told me all I would ever be good for was laying down for a man. She told me I would never be a wife, always the side chick."

"Exactly what was your response, cause I know you didn't let that shit ride.", Persia wanted to know.

"I told her that daddy would only marry her that she would need two coffins. One for her self respect, and the other for her self worth. Because only trash can marry trash."

Just then the doorbell rang. Yvonne wasn't expecting anymore company.

Maybe its Rob.

Truth be told she and Rob haven't seen much of each other since their sexual rump a few weeks back. They had a project coming up together so that kept them busy. But Rob never randomly shows up out of the blue. So this couldn't be him waiting at the door.

Yvonne went to the door and opened it, not bothering to ask who it was.

Its funny how bad news seems to talk itself into your atmosphere.