15

The trauma of it all was ridiculous. Its been a slow two weeks since the incident, welcoming a very chilly November. Emilio and Yvonne haven't spoken since. He caught a taxi back home, and Yvonne had gotten Drew to take her home.

Yvonne felt terrible, blaming herself for the endangerment of her brother. To get a second opinion on the situation, she called over Rob. She told him all the details and left nothing out.

"He probably just needs some space. How many people experience a close call like that and remain the same like nothing happened. He's gonna be shook."

"I just wish it didn't happen at all.", Yvonne replied.

"Well I'm gone keep it real with you. Something like this was bound to happen sooner than later."

Yvonne looked at Rob like he had snot hanging from his nose.

Rob, unfazed by the glare continued. "You're too wreckless. You got men around you and you don't know a damn thing about them. All you know is their sex habits and that they're ready to spend paper on you. By all means get your hustle on but don't be stupid about it. People are unpredictable and there is no telling what a man will do over pussy.

You watch Snapped all the time. Some kill out of jealousy, and some go crazy for love. You are a twenty-two years old. You good with your hands, but you can't match the strength of a man with madness in his eyes. These men you deal with know where you live, and your phone number. As the person in charge of what goes down, you have to be five steps ahead. Now, I'm gone handle this nigga Romeo."

"Rob, no, don't do that. I don't want you getting tangled in this web.", Yvonne reasoned.

"My mind is made up. But you need to get yourself back on track. You allowed yourself to get too comfortable. Matter of fact, you should just drop the ones you got now and just start fresh. Romeo was your wake up call. I would tell you to stop all together, but I know you're not really willing to. But since you already making your own money, perhaps you should cut the price down."

Yvonne absorbed what Rob was telling her.

"Drop the price down? To what?"

"You know this really does sound like prostitution. But, what exactly do you need the money for? Have you ever considered dating, like actually dating? After this whole thing you might just need a sex break. Take time to remember who you are, and not what kind of object people see you as. Learn how to appreciate yourself again, you know?"

"I never really date unless I know that my pockets are gonna be fed. Or at least the attention of them getting fed."

"Perhaps its time for a change, and you need to check on Emilio. Apologize, even if he doesn't want one for you, still, express your feelings."

Yvonne nodded her her agreement. Rob always seemed to know what she needed to hear. The truth was always well received.

__________
Yvonne had been holding off talking to Emilio. He feared the worst.

What if he tells me that he hates me. I couldn't possibly live with myself if he never wanted anything to do with me again.

Today was different. Yvonne needed her sew in taken out, and she only trusted Emilio's products in her hair besides a few select others.

Yvonne wore a thick jacket over a green turtleneck sweater, skinny jeans, and brown high heel boots.