Prisoner

Fang awoke to the scent of herbs, she scrunched up her nose and tried to stand. But she couldn't her legs were stiff from sleeping. Where am I? she wondered, she glanced around the cave like area examining the walls. She heard something and her fur bristled.

"Don't worry it's just me." A soft voice said, she realized it belonged to Cinderpelt.

Fang didn't say anything and just laid down.

"It's been awhile." she said sofltly, as she grabbed some herbs in her mouth, and began chewing them into a pulp. She spit them out into her paw and began spreading on Fang's head. Fang winced, it stung really badly.

"Oww!" she exclaimed.

"Its gonna hurt, what did you expect?" she said grumpily. "Cloudtail got you good, he knocked to out" she purred in amusement.

"I'm gonna rip that furball to shreds!" Fang growled. Cinderpelt gave her a stare signaling that she shouldn't. Then her ears perked up when Firestar walked into the den.

"Cinderpelt! What did I say about taking her back to camp!" He growled, then he saw that Fang was awake.

"Oh, your awake. Sorry.'' He apologized quickly. "I'm also sorry about what Cloudtail did."

"No, need to make a big deal about it. What's done is done." She said in a cool tone, standing up and stretching.

"See Firestar, she isn't all that bad. At least she's still got some sense." Cinderpelt purred.

Firestar narrowed his green eyes. "I guess so."

Fang shook out her pelt and walked past Cinderpelt and Firestar into the clearing. All the cats looked up from their business, and of course, Daisyheart and Mossfur came running up to her.

"Why are you here?" Daisyheart sneered.

Fang rolled her eyes. "Well, you see, I was just lying around and then an idea came to me. You won't believe this but, I actually came here to see my mouse brained littermates."

Daisyheart gave her a nasty look. Mossfur prodded her collar. "What's this? Are you a kittypet?"

"No, I'm apart of clan. The leader actually." Fang snapped emphasizing the last part. She looked at her siblings shocked faces, and brushed past them, walking away proudly.

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey please gather at the High Rock for a clan meeting!" the cats began to gather. "You too Fang." He narrowed his eyes.

Fang was told to sit in front of the crowd of cats, Graystripe at her side making sure she didn't step out of line.

"As you may have known Cinderpelt made a mouse brained mistake in bringing Fang back to the clan." He gaze swept across the cats.

"Fang we have decided to keep you here as prisoner. Until your mangy group of cats come to retrieve you." He gave her a winning look. "I believe we can't trust you just yet so you won't be leaving camp anytime soon."

"WHAT?" Fang screamed. "First off, I wouldn't be here in the first place if your mouse brained warrior would have just kept his paws to himself!" She shot a glare at Cloudtail.

"We'll have a cat guard her to make sure she doesn't step out of line, we will switch." He paused for a moment, "Dustpelt! You will be guarding her first, then Brackenfur." Dustpelt moved to stand next to Fang. "Clan dismissed!" Firestar crawled back into his den.

Dustpelt looked at Fang, and then nudged her. "Follow me!" He took her to the den that once held Brokenstar. She crawled into the tight space and glared at Dustpelt who sat down at the entrance. After a few moments Dustpelt called into the den. "Fang! Shadowpelt wants to see you."

Fang's eyes lit up, her mother wanted to see her! She slipped out of the den and bounded to the dark she cat that was her mother. She buried her face into her neck fur.

"Look at you. You've grown so much." Shadowpelt said admiring Fang. Her blue gaze flicked to Fang's collar. "You found Bloodclan."

"I did. But Shadowpelt, I've made it better! They've started to act like a clan now, no one's afraid to leave their dens and-"

Shadowpelt purred. "You're just like your father."

Fang looked away from her mother. "I'm nothing like Scourge. He was cruel and evil."

Shadowpelt gave her a solemn look. "You've spoke to him? In your dreams perhaps."

"I've spoke to him more times than I've wanted to." Fang tilted her head. "Have you spoke to him ever since the battle."

"In fact, yes, yes I have. Only once though, I suppose he wanted to see me one more time before...." She trailed off.

"Before what?"

Shadowpelt was about to respond before she was interrupted. "Shadowpelt! I need to speak with you." Firestar shouted from the other end of the clearing. 

"I guess you've got to go." Fang sadly said.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow, Sharp-, I mean Fang." She nuzzled her daughter once more before going to her son. Fang lingered to her mother's sweet scent, she still thought of her as Sharppaw. Fang shook her head, she wasn't Sharppaw anymore. Sharppaw was weak, she couldn't take care of herself.