Chapter Twenty Five

Tobin's POV

Flashback

I grabbed my stuff from my locker and slammed it shut. My eyes wandered to the floor as I started to walk down the hall to my next class. With my head down, I tried to shut people out and make as little eye contact as possible. But, in order to avoid people sometimes you have to look up.

I could have sworn I skipped a beat when I felt myself bump into someone and my book slipped out of my hands. I froze. Should I pick them up? Or should I just walk away and not look back?

I took a deep breath before I slowly looked up and came face to face with Alex Morgan. My heart was pounding I thought that it was going to burst and shatter into pieces.

Alex grabbed me by the arm and dragged me to the bathroom which, unfortunately, was close by. She then slammed me across one of the bathroom stalls and for the first time in months I was so close to her face. I stared into her blue piercing eyes that all the guys fell for and I could understand why.

That's when I saw it. Staring into her eyes all I saw was uncertainty. She didn't know what she was doing.

"Finish her Alex! We have class to get to!" One of her friends says from behind.

But, Alex kept her eyes on me. Finally, she slammed me across the wall and I slid to the ground in pain. My back started to ache and I knew that she wasn't done. Alex Morgan was never finished with me but today, it seemed like she was.

"Come on, Alex!" Another one of her friends says.

"Shut up!" Alex yells back in anger. I was a little shocked at her response but I didn't say or do anything. Then Alex turned back to face me, her hand was clenched into fist and she held it up towards my face.

Then she looked me in the eyes and it almost seemed as if she felt sorry for me. If she did feel sorry for me, then why would she continue hurting me and abusing me? None of this made sense but I had to deal with it.

Alex gave me one last look before punching me in the face. Her friends cheered in the background as my whole face began to sting. I could feel my face throbbing and right away I knew I was going to have a nice bruise on my left eye. My weekly black eye, I was used to it.

Alex and her friends left me in the bathroom and I slowly got up and looked at myself in the mirror. Just like I had predicted my left eye was already turing red. I let out a sigh as I gently splashed water on my face and I winced in pain as I bent my back.

*

By the time I got home from school it was around four. Honestly, I didn't even go home, not wanting to deal with any more crap. I felt like no one wanted me, I didn't belong anywhere. I didn't have a place to call home. I didn't have people to talk to. This was my life and I hated it.

I walked to the soccer field which was a few blocks away. I laid my bag on the bench and I rested my head on it as I stared up at the sky that was filled with color. This was the only time I was at peace and it was the only time I can actually think.

Then, I heard a noise. Someone was coming towards me. I sat up from the bench and I looked around and didn't see anyone. It wasn't until I turned back around and saw someone standing a few feet away from where I was.

I couldn't really make out who this person was but they wore a jacket with it's hood on. I had know idea who it was and who it could possibly be. Then this person started walking toward me and when they got close enough, I was finally able to identify who it was. It was Alex Morgan.

My eyes widen and I felt a wave of panic go through my body. I started to back away and grab my bag but she reached over and grabbed my arm. She had a firm grip on my arm but it wasn't too tight and too harsh which wasn't normal.

Alex removed the hood she was wearing and let her long brown hair fall loosely. Slowly she let go of my arm and sat on the bench that I was sitting on. My heart was still pounding, I had know idea what was going on.

"Why are you here?" I ask as I stumble with my words as I slowly move away from her.

"The real question is why are you here?" She asks. Her voice was raspy and she seemed calm.

"I don't have a place to stay..." Not wanting to say anything else.

"Look, I'm sorry. About everything. Everything that I've ever done to you. All the names I've called you. Everything. You're probably wondering why I'm telling you this now its because today. Seeing you so scared it really... got to me." Alex says.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"You're so scared and I can tell. This isn't who I want to be. I don't want people to be scared of me."

"So what do you want from me?" I ask and I felt myself start to calm down.

"Nothing." She says. Then she takes something out of her pocket and again my heart started to race.

"I'm not going to hurt you... just come here." She says. She looks me in the eyes and slowly moves closer to me. Then she opens the thing in her hands and I realized it was makeup. She moved a little bit closer to me until she moved the hair away from my face that covered my eye that was bruised.

She soon started to cover my bruise with makeup and finally used a mirror to show me that she had covered up my bruise. She did a pretty good job, it was hardly noticeable.

Then she stood up and looked down at me. She squeezed my shoulder and walked away.

End of flashback

*

I shook my head as I looked at the picture of Alex that I brought along with me to Paris. I let out a sigh as I put the picture back inside my bible.

That was the only time I ever talked to Alex until I met her again at the USWNT camp. I let out another long sigh. Then I turned around and saw Laure sleeping peacefully next to me.

***

Thanks for reading!