Chapter 8

(1 year later)

Callan's POV: It's been 1 year since Ben and I tied the knot,it's been a wonderful year. After 6 months of waiting we were finally able to adopt a little girl; Liberty Nicole Lawson. She's a year and a half currently.

  ******

Ben's POV: "Hey Callan." I said kissing him as I took a seat next to him. "Libby is taking a nap,so we have some time to ourselves for a moment." I said putting my arm around him. "Great." He said. "Speaking of her...." I said trying to start a conversation. "What is it?" He said looking at me. "Since she's getting older I think we should talk about how we're gonna raise her." I said. "What do you mean?" He said obviously confused. "I think we should raise her catholic." I added. "Um...i don't know about that." Callan said biting his lip. "What's wrong with her having a relationship with God?" I questioned. I knew Callan wasn't religious but that doesn't mean Liberty can't be. "She's a one year old,she can barely make out sentences so how is she gonna know about this so-called God?" He said bitterly. "Well maybe we could baptize her and go from there if-" "Whatever do what you want." He snapped. " "You don't have to get all sour." I said rolling my eyes. "I think we should wait to see what she wants to do." He said. "I promised my parents I would raise her religiously." I said. "Either way your gonna do what you want to do so why are you telling me?" Callan bickered. "I can never say my opinion without you getting mad!" I said throwing my hands in frustration. "I just don't understand how you can believe in all that stuff when they say being gay is wrong." He said as he got up and picked up a Bible. "There it is." He said showing me the verse.
"Leviticus 20:13- If a man lies with a male as with a woman,both have committed an abomination;they shall surely be put to death their blood is upon them." He said closing the book and shrugging his shoulders. "Well I don't agree but..." I said not finishing my sentence. "But you want to raise Libby catholic even though you don't agree with the things they say?" Before I could respond Liberty walked in from her nap. "Hey Libby! Had a nice nap?" Callan asked picking her up. "Wanna snack?" I asked her. "Yes daddy!" She said clapping her hands. "Let's go!" I said. "We're gonna finish our conversation later..." Callan whispered in my ear as we walked to the kitchen.