Chapter 12

Callan's POV: It was a Friday morning,I woke up at 6:30(I had to take Libby to school) I turned to my side and realized Ben wasn't there. I got up and knocked on the bathroom door. "Ben are you in there??" I said knocking on the door once again. "Yeah...I'm sick..." He said. "Can you go 15 minutes without puking I have to take Liberty to school so..." He walked out the bathroom;all the color from his face was gone it looked like he hadn't sleep at all. "Baby! What's wrong?" I questioned. "Hangover." He said as he layed back down. "Oh,if Liberty comes in get me ok?" I closed the door and began getting ready.

********

"Daddy! Do my hair!" Liberty said barging into our room. "Daddy isn't feeling well honey,ask dad ok." Ben said closing his eyes. "I don't know how to do hair..." I said putting my hands up. "Just do half up half down." Ben said pointing at me. "I don't do hair!" I said again. "Oh God..." Ben said sitting up motioning for Liberty to come where he was. He quickly did her hair and patted her on the back and went back to bed. "Ok let's go to school! I grabbed her hand as we walked to the car.

Everyone always asks me "what's it like being same-sex parents?" Or "Does Liberty know that she's adopted?" And the most popular one: "what sexuality do you think she's gonna be?" I don't get why it's such a big deal,I mean we do the same stuff any other parents would do. And Liberty understands that she's a little different,we told her about the whole adoption thing and she kinda gets it,no one really cares that she has 2 dads. But I'm not really sure what sexuality she's gonna be, just because we're gay doesn't mean she's gonna be lesbian.

10 minutes later we arrived at her school. She was a few minutes late so I had to go check her in. I held her hand as I walked into the office. In the office I was greeted by the front desk lady. "Good morning! Here to sign her in?" She asked handing me a pen. "Yes I am." I said. "Ok what's her name?" She pulled out a folder and started looking through it. "Liberty Lawson." I said as I gave Libby a smile. "Ok your Ben Lawson,correct?" She said. "Oh no I'm Callan Lawson;it should be next to his name." I said. "Um...I don't see you Sir." She said giving me a confused look. "Who is Ben Lawson to you?" She asked. "That's my daddy!" Liberty said happily. "He's my husband,I told him to put my name on the list but he must have forgot.." I signed my name on the list and started to walk Liberty out to her class. "Um...oh...ok..." She said;I could hear the bitterness in her voice. Then another lady walked in, "Hey walk Liberty to her class." The front desk lady said waving her hand at her rudely. "Have a nice morning!" I said walking out slowly. "Yeah..." She said looking at me up and down as if she had a problem.

As I drove back home I thought about what just happened the front desk lady was obviously homophobic.

I got back home and crashed into the bed,thank god i had the day off. Then Ben turned over from the bed and faced me. Ugh..I'm mad." I said. "What happened?" He questioned. I began to tell him what happened. "Well that was kinda rude..." He said frowning. "I just wanted to ask her did she have a problem with me!" I snapped. "Callan don't let this get to you not everyone is accepting of 2 gay parents." Ben said. "You don't care??" I asked. "I could care less." He said laughing slightly. "You shouldn't care what other people think of you,who gives a flying fuck if she doesn't support gay marriage." He spat. "But I care what people think!" I said. "You shouldn't care babe,us being together doesn't effect her life in any way so there no point." He turned his back towards me and went back to sleep. "Ok I won't care." I whispered to myself as I went back to sleep.

I'm gonna stop bleeping out the cuss words, I hope that's ok lol