Day 2, 3 and 4

Sunday and Monday

At breakfast all Val is talking about is last night, about how Finn was really flirting with her and how he was so damn hot and ‘btw did you and Jack kiss? No? why not? That’s a shame.. well better luck next time.’ And then she keeps talking about Finn. To be honest I didn’t notice Finn flirting with her, it was more she flirting with him… but well maybe I just missed it so I don’t say it. I get a text and I open it, Val doesn’t notice and just keeps talking.

“I really liked yesterday, what are you doing today? x Jack”

“me too, I’m going to hang out with a friend. I’m sorry. Xx”

“don’t worry, have fun! how about Tuesday? Xx J” (side note, today is Sunday so Tuesday is in two days.)

“yes, sounds like fun! what are you doing today? xx J”

And so the conversation went on. He had to laugh about the ‘xx J’ thing he hadn’t thought of it.

Well actually the rest of Sunday has been a bit of hanging out with David and telling him how the night went. And Monday has been a day where you sit on the couch all day in your PJ’s, watching some films and I’ve been talking to Jack too (well texting).

Well this is a summary of Sunday and Monday.

Tuesday

Jack was going to pick me up around 2, which came out handy, because somehow I was very tired and I didn’t wake up until half past 11 so I have a lot of time left to shower and eat breakfast. Val is back to her parents for a few days so I won’t see her until Saturday.

It’s really quiet without her around. So the music is always on, I can’t always handle silence that good. Sometimes I love it, but other times I just get crazy.

So with music on I make myself some breakfast, an egg with some bread and lovely cheese from Holland (we took some when we moved here). After eating that I took a long shower, washing my hair and then picking out some clothes. Again I pick a dress, a blue one this time with a thin long loose vest above it and today I wear my green vans with it. Next is my make-up, I look at my watch and see is already quarter to two, but I don’t stress out because my make up doesn’t take that long. In the 10 minutes I have left I decide what to do with my hair.

Ding, Dong!

Jacks here, my heart skips a beat. I’m a bit nervous, it’s only the second time I’m seeing him, well third time if you count that moment he started talking to me.

I grab my board and walk towards the door.

‘hey Jen.’ He says and he gives me a kiss on my cheek.

‘hi. How are you?’ I say, trying to hide my really big smile.

‘I’m feeling amazing, you?’

‘I’m fine, I’m happy.’ I say.

We start skating towards the park.

‘show me what you got.’ Jack says when we got there.

‘nah, I’m not that good.’ I say.

‘no, I bet you are great.’

‘I’m okay, why don’t you show me how great you are.’

‘only if you show me some of your skills afterwards.’

‘okay, deal.’ I say. I’m not going to show him I’m actually quite good, I hate saying things like that about me, but it’s the only thing I’m sort of sure of… I can skate, and that’s kind of everything I’m good at.