Modern AU! Sinbad

Based off this:

This might have been a bad idea but was totally worth it. The small Golden Retriever let out a playful bark, wagging its tail. Chuckling, you pick up the pup and go to the bathroom.

Sinbad was still at work and wouldn't be home for a few more hours. You had gotten lucky and got off work early to pick up your new son.

"Baxter!" You shout with a laugh as the puppy starts playing in the sink. Water splashes everywhere and you could see the dirty flowing down the drain. The animal gently nips at your fingers in apology, trying to settle down.

It only took 10 minutes to rub the dog soap in the golden fur then rinse him off. Maybe it would have been a better idea to wash the puppy in the bath then the sink. As the sink ran off the soap, Baxter laid in the sink, perfectly and gave you a bored look.

"I'm sorry love, we're almost done." You giggle, taking out your phone and taking a picture of him. You needed to tell Sinbad about the dog anyways.

'I have good news and bad news.' You text, it didn't take long for him to reply.

'Bad news first, can't be as bad as Ja'far scolding me.'

'Our son made a mess in the sink.' You reply, the writing icon popped up and down like Sinbad was trying to figure out what to say.

'We don't have a son.'

'Picture sent!

Meet Baxter. :D'

Sadly, your lover didn't reply as you turned the water off and went to dry the puppy off. A ding went off on your phone and you couldn't help but think 'oh shit'. 'We'll talk about this when I get home, [Y/n].' Baxter looked at you, nipping at your hand once more.

"Don't worry my son, I won't let papa take you away!" You state, kissing his forehead. Within the two hours, you managed to teach the dog to use the bathroom outside, sit, shake and that he's allowed on the bed unless you say off.

Sitting in the bedroom with Baxter next to you on the bed, you typed away at a new book when the front door opened. The puppy looks up staring at the door then at you. "Well, papa's home." You mutter, going back to writing.

"[Y/n]?" Sinbad called out, looking for his wife. It was certainly a surprise when seeing that picture of the dog and at first, he thought you were joking.

"Bedroom!" You shout back. It was a few second till the violet haired man appears at the doorway. "Welcome home."

"And you let it on the bed." He replies, looking at the golden dog, who stared back.

"Baxter is clean and yes, he's allowed on the bed." Your husband shook his head and went to sit on the mattress, next to the retriever. Baxter leaned into his new owner's touch as Sinbad pets the puppy, having a small smile on his face.

"I have no say in this do I?"

"Nope, he's our new son."