Chapter 14

So after we discussed that we should do a poster to help us with revision... We needed the text books from the cupboard in the block next year where all the new books and revision books and text books are kept.

Unfortunately me and Josh were sent to go and get them... Apparently there's a lot to carry and because I'm a female I wouldn't be able to carry them all. Actually, I'll have you know... There's 24 people in the class... That's 24 small text books. But no, because I'm a girl and stereotypically can't lift heavy things. Someone has to come and fucking help me. I don't need help.

Anyway we were walking to the cupboard and I didn't say I thing. I walked ahead of Josh and awkwardly bit my nails. It's a habit I get when I'm embarrassed or in a situation that's awkward or I don't want to be in. So that happens a not and now I barely have any nails.

I opened the cupboard door and began to look for the text books. It was hard as I've never seen so many colour co-ordinated or level/ year group co-ordinated things. At least my OCD didn't go because I like things to be well in order.

I wasn't scared or anything. I mean all I had to do was get the books off the shelf, half them, hand one half to Josh, carry the books, get the fuck out of the cupboard, go to my lesson and finally do my poster.

I had the text book name written in ink on my hand. I turned the light on so I could see what I'd written.

'Year 10, Grade C+
Text books'

Okay. I began looking...
It was harder than I thought. In total there were 14 shelves topped high to the roof from the floor. All the way along the wall too. Wow, this could take a while.

I was scanning the shelves to try to look but Josh wasn't helping at all.

"Please could you help me find the books? Check on that side, I haven't looked there yet." I asked rather politely.

"Erm.... Nah I'd rather not" he said leaning on the closed door.

"Okay... Might be a while then"

"How ever long you want, babe"

Ew. I rolled my eyes and nearly gagged at the sound of Josh calling me babe.

Suddenly the lights turned off and Josh was stood next to the switch.
I could see a little bit. But the door was closed giving me barely any light.

Oh wait no. Josh had just locked the door.

Shit.