Chapter 9

Anuka and Quinn worked together, Quinn with her psychotic rage and merciless character, and Anuka with her magic. They had successfully fended most of the attacks off from Enchantress.

'My daughter.' The Enchantress hissed, looking at Anuka. 'All my efforts, yo teach you. To save you! To help you! You turned them all away. You are a disgrace!'

Quinn smiled sadistically, the words were so similar to her mother's.

--

'What have I done to deserve this? A psychotic child! A freak!'

'Mama! I love you! Don't let them take me away!' Quinn screamed, the her voice cracking.

'Never, I am not letting them take you away. I am giving you away. I don't want you!'

'Mama please!'

'I am not your Mama you devil child.'

--

'You think I wanted this? I never did. You cursed my best friend! You cursed everyone around me! And you cursed me by making me watch!'

'Ah your best friend... Little Gabriella. A living irony. So bird like, yet so cat like. All I did was to turn her into what she really was.'

Anuka pounced, tackling her mother to the floor. They rolled around, scratching and biting like feral beasts. Then it happened. Anuka kicked Enchantress to the side. She didn't bother waiting for Floyd to activate the bomb. She jumped in, releasing a flare of energy.

And then the machine exploded.

And seemingly, so did she.

"QUINN!" Harley screamed, the raw agony and terror in her throat. The dust faded away, revealing two figures.

"Why thank you my daughter." Enchantress laughed.

Anuka looked up at Enchantress

Anuka looked up at Enchantress. "You're welcome."

The second figure jumped up with a gasp. "Anuka."

"Gabriella."

The girl launched forward, hugging her, "I was dead An. I knew I was. Why did you bring me back?" She was trembling nervously.

"Because he was reborn." The girl Gabriella, turned in Waylon's direction. "Torren?"

Waylon was unsure of how to act when the girl literally flew towards him and hugged him. She had bird like wings. And she had a pair of cat ears and a tail.

"Bring her back!" Rick shouted, holding up Enchantress' heart. Enchantress wasn't afraid. She laughed.

"She has freed me. To bring back her friend, she sacrificed my tie to my heart. So go ahead and crush it. It won't wor-"

There was spray of blood and Enchantress slumped forward, headless. Anuka stood behind, holding Tatsu's katana. "But this did." She whispered, before turning back into Quinn.

"Sorry Ricky. But there's other fish in the sea." Quinn laughed.

--

Quinn sat with Harley in her cell, aware that Rick was watching them through the security cameras. She had requested to be placed with Harley.

There was a rumble, and the sound of gunshots. They both grinned, that could only mean one thing.

He was here.

And sure enough, he was, he blasted through the walls, Quinn laughed. They were going to be free.

He stepped into their cell, hands out. "Let's go home."

And so they did.

Oh hey guys! The suicide squad movie is over. So all I have to do now is wait for the next one. I loved writing this and I am extremely grateful for all your support. Do check out my other books in the meantime and follow the Instagram account I made to communicate with all of you guys! The account is called cheshy_kitten

Till next time
Quinn