Prologue

An imposing man sits on a raven throne in a court of darkness. The throne is seemingly made of pure space, pitch black with small glimmers of light. The man wears a cloak that the night itself would be envious of and a black crown jeweled with one of its eyes.

At the feet of this shadowy behemoth kneels a demon. His wings are that of a great dragon, folded in respect to his master. His skin is like living fire, and his hair somehow even more so. He, too, wears a crown. His crown is golden, with many different gems that seem to glow against the backdrop of pure, black ink.

"What is a demon with your influence in Hell doing at my feet?", demanded the giant being. His booming voice seemed to come from everywhere at once.

The demon, still not looking up at the Lord of this realm, stuttered, trying to introduce him self "I-I am O-Overlord Nyx-"

"Yes, I know who you are demon: Overlord Nyxxus, Lord of Greed, the second of the Seven Demon Kings. The first being the Lord of Pride, Satan himself, of course. Now, state your case, demon, or I shall have you beheaded!"

Nyxxus looks over and sees another phantom-like figure, wielding a menacing axe. He decides to speak."Well, as my title states, I can be very inclined to greed, once in a while. And, well, in Hell, it just doesn't seem that I have much power at all. So, after hearing a few rumors about some powerful race living here in the Shadowland, I decided to come looking. And I finally found you, My Lord".

"My, you are truly amazing!... at kissing ass. Look, you are the embodiment of greed itself, and I don't look forward to having you just turning around and trying to kill me once you think again that you have too little power." He looks to his guard and makes a gesture.

"But, wait! Wait! I can prove to you that I won't be a backstabbing coward! Please! Don't have me killed!" As he wails, the colossal being forms a blood curdling grin, then chuckles.

Then he says, "oh, don't worry yourself, demon. I know you won't backstab me, because I can end you in a second. As for being a coward, you proved that true just by coming here. As for the gesture that so obviously terrified you, I was just telling her to come over here so I could show you to your room."

The most terrifying thing about this whole experience for the demon lord, was that the whole entire time, the shadowy man looked so relaxed, as if the whole thing was insignificant to him. As he thinks about it, Nyxxus realizes that's because it is.