Chapter I

3,825 Years Later

"Bye, grandma Daisy!"

"Have fun at school, Jason!"

"I will!" Man, she never shuts up, does she? Now I know why Dad always locked himself in his bedroom and watched TV.

Jason is about 5'8" tall and weighs about 157 pounds. He is blonde, with braces and glasses. He wears a red shirt and black pants.

Jason lives with his grandma Daisy Matthews. His father(Danny Matthews) had died a year ago, and his mom(Jenny Warden) moved across the country recently. His aunt (Annette Matthews) lives only a few miles away with her fiancé and their adopted son. Jason's great grandmother had died recently as well.

As he rides away from his house on his bike, he is very grateful for the cool air that winter was bringing. That is one of the main reasons he loves to ride his bike. The other, of course, being so that he can get away from his overbearing grandma. Plus, it's just more time to hang out with friends.

He is currently heading to the house of one such friend: Carmen DiMatteo. Jason, Carmen, and another friend: Eddie Louis meet up at Carmen's house early in the morning and head to school together.

He leaves so early, in fact, that the moon is still up in all its shimmering glory.

As soon as he gets a little over a block away from his house, he uses his right hand to take off the helmet his grandma makes him wear.

He thinks to himself: I wonder what we're going to talk about for our opener in Spanish today. Probably something political. He chuckles at that last remark. He has a very interesting Spanish class, to say the least. Sometimes they talk about normal things for the opener. Other times, well: "space isn't real", "time is imaginary", "the effects of PCP", etc.

Jason pulls up to Carmen's house just after Eddie gets there.

"Hey, Eddie!"

"Huh?!? Oh, hey Jason!"

Eddie is about 5'6" tall and weighs about 190 pounds. He has short, dark hair, and also has braces and glasses. He is wearing a green shirt with blue pants.

"Man, you know, one of these days I'll get here first!"

"Doubt it."

"Pessimist."

"Dumbass."

"Oh! You struck a nerve! I can't live with someone thinking I'm stupid!" Jason and Eddie share a look for a second, and then burst out laughing.

"Okay, Eddie, let's ring the bell, I don't wanna be late."