Chapter XII

Jason steps out of the Armory, confusion plastered on his face. "Randolph? I think the Armory is broken. All it gave me was a cloud. A cloud!"

The Beastmaster's eyes bugged out as soon as he saw the boy's hands. "Holy mother of God! That's what you're destined to wield!?"

"W-what? What's so special about this cloud? I would've honestly preferred a sword."

Jason makes a gesture with his right hand as if he's holding a sword. Wait, that doesn't feel right.

The young Dark Angel looks down to see a golden, shimmering sword. "Gah!"

Jason lets go, and the weapon poofs back into the cloud and returns to swirling around his hands.

"Carmen? Did you see what I just saw?"

"Yup."

"So, I'm not crazy?"

"No more than usual, Jason."

Hmm, what is it with this?

The large Irishman finally is able to speak. "I can't belive the Armory gave you the Blood of Heaven!"

"The Blood of Heaven?"

"Yes, boy, the Blood of Heaven. God created it ages ago for the original Punisher. It can be any weapon you need it to be. This hasn't been seen in over a thousand years!"

"Wait, who is the Punisher?"

Randolph begins walking to where the three had been sitting. "Well, the Punisher is more of a title than a person."

He sits down. "It's the Punisher's job to kill immortals on Earth who are evil or abusing their powers. Recently, within the past ten thousand years, the newest one began to bend some of them to his will instead. He has the entire Greek pantheon serving him!"

Carmen is holding his head in his hands. "There's too much that we have to learn. Why isn't this easie-"

A loud siren can be heard in the not-so-far distance, sounding similar to a nuclear warning siren from The United American Empire.

"Oh come on! What is it now?!"

Randolph's face takes on a grim expression. "It's an invasion. Come on, we need to get out there and fight!"

He starts flying out of the arena, with Jason and Carmen on his tail.

Carmen turns to Jason. "Hey, maybe this will be as easy as those rebels way back when trying to release the cure for cancer!"

"Shut the hell up! Ha ha! Man, I hope it's not that hard."

Their older friend lands on a tall building. The boys land on either side of him.

What they see is terrifying.

There is a giant rip in the sky with nothing but demons and shadows pouring out.

Randolph looks a little confused. "Huh. That's not right. It should be... I don't know... fiery."

"Oh well, we can't dwell on that right now. We need to go help fight those bastards!"

"Yeah, you're right, Carmen. It just seems odd." The man takes off, yet again.