Chapter X

Once again, the group of three find themselves walking through the streets of Cyrak. There are dozens of large buildings scattered aroumd the metropolis. A little ways away, almost on the horizon, from the aptitude gallery stands a large arena.

The structure is larger and more grand than even the Colloseum. Jason asks where they are going this time, and Marci grins at him.

She points at the arena.

.     .     .

"This place is huge!", exclaimes a very hyper Carmen (he had picked up some cotton candy from a vendor).

"Welcome to the Beastmaster's Arena! This is where you two will be trained. Don't worry, it won't take too long. I'm going to drop you off now, Randalf will call me to come pick you up later. See ya!" With that, the blonde spreads her wings and launches off the ground in one quick motion.

Jason and his best friend exchange a hesitant look. "So, guess we should go in, right Carmen?"

The Hispanic boy nods and they turn towards the massive door. Both boys walk up to the doors, and just before Jason touches one with the tips of his fingers, they swing open.

They walk in, Jason in the lead. The boys go through the doors and into the entryway, and see a large beast.

A dragon. It's red on the back of the wings, the back, the tail, and the head. The overgrown lizard's underbelly is as black as ash. It also has large claws and horns.

The thing is: it sees them, too.

He turns to face them directly, and them rushes forward like a large, scaly Usain Bolt with wings.

Jason and Carmen end up pinned against the doors (which actually block their exit since they only open inwards) with the dragon mere feet from them (to give a little perspective: his head is the size of an ice cream truck).

The dragon leans in closer, so his snout is about five inches from them. This is it, I am officially dead as of now!

Then... he closes his eyes and makes a happy, purring noise. Jason, the only one of the three with open eyes, is shocked and confused.

Suddenly, a hearty, Irish laugh sounds throughout the stadium. "Ha ha! Oh, don't mind Ol' Fluffers me lads! He just wants a pet, is all!"

Jason and Carmen can only assume that the voice belongs to Beastmaster Randolph.

Fluffers opens his eyes and starts to back up slowly, waddling backwards.

Then, a large Dark Angel man flies up to the two friends, who are now a lot more calm.  He has dark hair, and is very bulky and muscular.

Randalf offers his hand to Jason and Carmen, and each shake it. "Pleased to meet both of ya! I am, as you both probably know, Beastmaster Randolph. My brother has a bug. Nothing serious, maybe the bubonic plauge, I don't know. So, I am filling in for his job as the Ability Trainer!"

The man has a really thick accent.