Chapter XIII

All around, Jason sees Dark Angels clad in armor running and flying to the giant rip.

The three reach a point where Demons and shadow people are running towards them whilst shouting war cries.

Jason's heart is pounding in his throat.

He materializes a bow and picks off two demon's and a shadow.

Killing sure hasn't gotten any easier, that's for sure.

Carmen is to his right, swinging his battleaxe like Jason imagines a Viking would swing a baseball bat. Chunks of concrete are chucked by the Latino's telekinesis. On the blonde's right side, Randolph charges into the front lines of the enemy, clobbering them with large, spiked gauntlets.

As Jason gets into the fray, he constantly changes weapons to get a good feel. He stabs a Demon with a spear, slashes a couple enemies with a blade, and slashes the throats of yet more. A shadow has her skull split with a tomahawk and a demon gets fire blasted into his face.

Finally, Jason lands on the perfect death tool. He has a pair miniature scythes, with chains protruding from the hilt that wrap around the teen's forearms. He seems to be able to throw them as far as his strength can throw them, with the chain just elongating.

Carmen continues to sweep his large, double-bladed axe in front of him. Each time he hits an enemy soldier, their armor crumples into the blood-spewing wound.

Randolph barrels through Demons and shadows. He punches some, leaving obvious dents in their heads as they crumple to the ground.

The three are heading straight for the invasion portal.

There's gotta be some way to close that damn thing!

The rest of Limbo's defenders form a line to keep the invaders out of the residential parts of Cyrak. Demons and shadows fill in behind the three runners, mostly ignoring them.

Suddenly, a pair of hands close around Carmen's neck, squeezing the air out of his lungs. His vision is almost completely dark, when he hears two wet thwacks. The hands fall off of him, and Carmen whips around, seeing a dagger in each eye of the shadow person.

"What the... ?"

"Didn't think I'd let one of you die that easily, did you?" Above his head floats Marci, with a grin plastered on her face.

"Well, I suppose not. C'mon, lets get moving!"

Carmen starts fighting his way through the oncoming soldiers once again. Marci retrieves her blades and follows.

She gracefully dodges any blades or clubs swung at her, slashing throats in a near dance-like fashion.

In less than a minute, Jason, Marci, Carmen, and Randolph converge towards the foot of the portal. Attackers had stopped pouring out, so they assume no more are coming.

However, alot had turned back around to kill the small group.

"So, anyone have any idea how to close this thing?"

"Carmen, I think we have more pressing matters to deal with at the moment." Marci points at the horde of Demons and shadows staring at them.

"Well, shit."