Chapter 9

Sorry for the late update :( I've been a bit busy lately with school and sports and sadly the school has blocked wattpad so I can't write there on my free time anymore :( I hope you understand, but here's a chapter (finally :/)
______________________________________________________________________________

??? P.O.V

Roaming the streets at night was not something I did often.

The sweet smell of freshly trimmed grass from only hours ago filled my nose.

With the street lights shining dimly on the streets, I could see where I was going, but no one could see me. At least, non of my features.

I never would've thought this would've happened. I lost my baby. She was my one and only. She was special, unlike the others. She had manners, respect, and didn't inturrupt or ask to many questions like the others did. And she was very beautiful, even though her hair was dyed. I despise when people change their appearance like that. Or put on to much make up. Yes, I am ok with make up, but only a little. It must look natural. But even without make up, she was beautiful.

She was just...

Perfect.

Flawless.

Unbelievable.

I could not have asked for a better daughter.

But now, she is gone. And I can't find her anywhere. Other than her father, I don't care about anyone else. In all honesty, she's more important to me than him.

She was mine finally, and I will not let her escape me again.

~~

As I continue to walk down the road, the nights air gets colder, and the sky gets darker.

I had been walking for a good few hours, do I'm guessing it about 11pm. I had been reading any newspapers I found still sitting on people's driveways or door steps, seeing if there was any clues to where my baby was.

The only thing close that I found was a small article at the bottom of the back page, but it didn't give me any information on where my baby could be.

I searched day and night for 3 weeks, getting about an hour, at the most, of sleep each night. By this point, I was very lost. I had no way of telling where my home was, nor where I now.

All I know is that I'm in a small town, with a small population. It was strange for me, I'm used to being in a town with people walking the streets all day, every day. Here, it was unlikely to see someone outside unless they were walking to their car, or sometimes getting the morning paper.

On the way here, I had thought I had spotted my baby many times, but it only turned out to be someone else. Her face was still fresh in my mind, as it had only been a few weeks. I was getting anxious at the lack of seeing her in person though.

I continued walking down the streets, making various turns. I didn't know where the streets took me, it was just a matter of if I felt like making the effort to turn my body or not.

Most of the time, I chose not. I desperately needed sleep, I could barely walk and the bags under my eyes were quite dark and large.

I kept trudging along, certain I would find my baby, when my face suddenly met the pavement. I had collapsed from exaution. I didn't have the strength to get up, so I let myself slowly drift to sleep.

~~

*Dream World*

"Darling? Darling! My sweet baby! You're alright!"

I run over to my daughter, standing still in the darkness of the night.

I run, and run, and run, but never get any closer. She stays in the same place as before, whilst I run. I grow more tired, but have seemingly made no progress.

I pant and wheeze, and cry for her, no response. I drop to my knees, gasping for air. She stands still, same as before. She hasn't moved an inch.

Her lips part as if to speak, but then close, and she remains still once more.

"Darling? Darling speak to me! What we're you about to say?" I practically yell, hope now fills my body with unexpected energy.

A muffled whisper can be heard coming from her.

"W-what? What did you say?" I ask.

Her voice, a bit louder this time, is now barely audible. Her voice doesn't sound right, but I hardly had any time to think about that after she spoke.

I heard one word, and one word only.

"Run."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know I'm horrible for not updating.

I'm so sorry, this chapter was really hard for me to write, and I'm sorry that it was so short :( I have mild writers block atm on how to progress the story, so if you have any suggestions please leave a comment, I'd really appreciate it. ^__^

***PLEASE READ THE REST IF YOU SKIPPED THE FIRST PART: IMPORTANT!!***

I was looking into getting a new cover for the story, so I thought, why not ask you guys!

If you have an idea for the cover, I'd really like to see what you come up with.

Don't worry, I will give you credit in the story description, and I will dedicate one of my future chapters to you as a thanks!

Please comment what you thought, you're suggestions, and your cover ideas!

I really appreciate you guys still reading and I'll see you in the next chapter!

~See ya!