Chapter 15

Jess's P.O.V

I tiptoed down towards the ladder, preparing to dart if needed. As soon as I got there, I quickly climbed down as quietly as I could and closed it. It make a thump sound when I closed it and I could tell he noticed.

"What the hell?" I heard him yell. His heavy foot steps marching over to the hatch trying to push down on it to get it opened. But, I've tried and trust me, it doesn't work that way.

"Kitten you better get you ass back here and open this up. This is not how you treat your father."

Without another word, I took off down the hall, making my way down a big, fancy stair case. I realized that this house was bigger than I thought.

I heard Lion jumping up and down, forcefully, trying to break the floor.

Sadly, it started cracking eventually.

I searched frantically for a clue as to where to go to get out, but it was too late. The ceiling finally gave in to Lion's weight and he fell to the floor.

Shit. Run. Hide.

I took off down a random hallway, closing and locking myself in the first room I see. I try to control my breathing and make it as quiet as possible as I hear him stomping through the house.

I found myself in the kitchen, but kept running, realizing there were too many weapons laying around that he could use. I kept running and, thankfully, wasn't making much noise because of my weight loss while being trapped up there for so long.

Most of the doors in his house were locked for some reason, and other few doors that did open seemed to have nowhere to hide after scanning it briefly, not wanting to waste too much time incase he caught up to me.

I swear this dudes house was like a maze. Hallway after hallway, room after room. Was I even on the first floor? Did I have to go down to escape?

And trust me, I checked the windows too. It's like this guy knew at some point this would happen, locking all the doors and windows so I couldn't hide or escape. Was there a stair case behind one of these doors?

My thoughts were inturrupted when I heard Lion's heavy foot steps in a nearby hallway somewhere. I froze in my tracks, not knowing where to go.

Kitt-Jess! Jess run now.

I curse myself for calling myself Kitten again. Have I really been brain washed? Actually, how long have O been locked up in that attic?? Ugh, I can't think about this now!

I took off running back where I came from, deciding that he was in one of the hallways that was in front of me. Lost and confused, I finally found an open room. I locked myself in, not caring to scan it knowing he was close. I then took a look around and realized I was in a bedroom. It looked too used to be a spare bedroom, so my guess was that it was Lions, based on the boyish look to is. Did they sleep in seperate rooms? It would make sence since they have this huge house I guess.

I heard Lions footsteps heading down this hall so I searched the room frantically for a place to hide. I spotted another door, assuming it was a closet and quickly jumped inside.

It turns out this was the bathroom. Not the best place to be if he finds me, but definitely not the worst. There's really nowhere for me to hide if he breaks the door open. I may fool him for a second if I climb into the bath tub, but not for long.

I thought about hiding under the sink, but I wouldn't fit, I'd be too big and couldn't make a quick escape if he did find me in there.

This is the most horrific game of hide n' seek I've ever played, and I'm define that I never want to be found. Ever.