Wilde as a Fox

A/N In this chapter Nick faces ghosts of the past. A rivalry begins between two of the characters. Lets see what happens! Oh and..... there's a surprise in the next chapter..... hehehe!

Judy POV

"Wake up rabbit" Finnick's voice was heard and I sleepily opened my eyes. The afternoon light came in like golden ribbons from the cracks within the barricaded windows, I didn't want to get up. "Why? Didn't Nick say we are leaving tomorrow?" I asked and Finnick jumped on the couch with a serious look.

"I thought you wanted to apologize" he said and opened a cola, where the hell did he find that? I thought they didn't have that kind of things here. "Yeah, where is he?" I asked and got off the couch. "The roof" He said and took my place on the couch. I opened the door Finnick showed me and walked up a couple of stairs until I got out to the roof. Nick was sitting on the edge of it with his rifle on his laps.

The light made his orange fur glow beautifully, wake up Judy. "Nick.... can I talk to you?" I asked and his ears twitched but he didn't turn his head to look at me. "What is it?" he asked coldly, his words hid no emotion and his tail didn't move at all. "I just wanted to say I am sorry for putting you in a difficult situation before" I said, he slowly turned his head around. A tear was slowly sliding down his face.

"Why are you crying? Did I say something again?" I asked, what had happened now? "No, I just..... this is the first time we see another animal in three years and for some reason I act like an idiot, making you apologize to me" He said but he didn't wipe the tear off his eye. "Apology accepted carrots, go back inside now" He told me but I stayed.

I walked towards him and sat next to him. "What are you doing?" He asked and looked at me confused, he still hadn't wiped that tear. "Showing you something" I said and pulled out my phone. I went to my pictures and found one with an amazing view of the sunset back in bunny burrows with me and my family, staring at the sky. "Why are you showing this to me?" He asked.

"The world is still beautiful Nick, don't give up. One day you may get to see how good it is" I said and got back up. "Good luck with the night shift, see you tomorrow" I continued and went back down to find Finnick reading some year old books.

"How did it go?" He asked and looked at me with interest. "He's better now" I said and he smiled, Finnick looked like a very nice guy. Nick did too.

"A little suggestion, don't get too close to him" Finnick said and giggled, he was enjoying keeping secrets. "Why that?" I asked again, hoping for a straight answer this time. "Jasmine has a thing for him and she doesn't like people getting in the middle" He said and turned page.

"How do you know that?" I asked and he giggled once more. "I'm her godfather, knew her before all this" He said and returned to his magazine. "Noted. Where can I sleep?" I asked and he sighed, yeah my questions had already started to be annoying. "Anywhere" he said.

I found the comfiest place, a pillow and closed my eyes. I knew that I had just woken up but I wanted to have energy for tomorrow, I didn't want to be a burden to them so I will have as much energy as I can.

                                                                                      ---~~~---

The sound of a coffee machine woke me up. I didn't see any light though and.... the place was so small, where am I? I kick with hind paws and light came out. I was inside.... a closet, nice prank. Nick was standing on top of me with a cup of coffee in his paw and shirtless. "Morning carrots" He said and handed a cup of coffee to me. "Where did you find the coffee?" I asked as I took the cup and got off the closet.