Chapter 16: "a big cookie"

2 Weeks Later

Niall's POV

"Wow, this is our home?" her eyes lit up at the sight of my house. She looks around runs her fingers over the fireplace.

"How did you get her to think you guys lived together?" Liam whispered in my ear as we stood by the door.

"I told her we moved in a while ago, I developed some of our pictures and made it look like we did. I just signed her apartment off her name so she doesn't live there, her stuff is all unpacked." I watched as she felt the Christmas tree I and Louis put in yesterday. I still hadn't decorated it, I wanted to do that with Ash.

Liam's phone dings and he says he has to get going. I put Ashley's hospital bag in the room and when I come back I spot her looking at my favorite picture on the fire place.

"We had our first date there, at the café. I was so nervous my cheeks wouldn't lighten up on the red." She smiles.

"How did we meet?" she sets down the photo and sits on the sofa, I wait till she gives me permission to sit next to her.

"At the festival in July, your friend had gone to go get you drinks, so I kind of swooped in and aided your company." I watch her eyes and I can tell she's trying to remember.

"You aided in my company?" she raises her eye brows, and I smile.

"Yeah you were teasing me with those beautiful long legs." I run my hand over her leg and I can feel her stiffen, I quickly pull my hand back and stand from the sofa.

"I-I'm sorry I forgot I I'll um just a moment." I hurry off to the bedroom in complete embarrassment. I sit on the edge of the bed, I promised myself I wouldn't cry anymore, to stop being a baby and be thankful my baby is alive. I hear the door open but I don't look up. The bed dips and I feel Ashley grip my hand. When I look at her she's staring at our hands.

"I know you didn't mean to, it'll just take some time to get used to all of this." She looks up to me and my heart nearly explodes from the view of her beautiful eyes.

"I saw some Christmas decorations next to the tree, would you join me?" her smile was warm and loving. I had no words just followed her.

I walked around the tree covering it in white and red lights. When I plugged it in I watch Ashley's eyes light up and her smile grow. I sat on the floor and handed her the ornaments when they had a hook. I couldn't keep my eyes off her as her shirt raised a bit every time she reached for the top. I handed her the last ball when she was done she stepped back and held her hands on her hips. I looked at my phone as Liam texted me for an update.

"Um will you do the honors?" I looked up and saw she held the white star me and Louis picked out. I smiled and took the glass item. I stretched and mentally cursed myself for not thinking of a step latter. I looked at the tree from Ashley's side, it was then I noticed the 3 ornaments.

The 'N' and the 'A' was next to each other with the heart in the middle separating them. I jumped as I felt Ashley grasp my hand, when I looked down to her she kept her eyes on the tree. I was fighting a mental battle whether to kiss her or not, I follow my conscience and walk to the fireplace and turn it on and head to the kitchen.

From the corner of my eye I see Ashley leaning against the door frame. I pull out the cookie dough from the fridge.

"I thought we could make some." I bite my lip to hide the smile as she nods and joins me next to the counter. I started to get nervous because I literally have no clue what to do, but Ashley does telling by the way she pulls out the pan and spray oil.

I scoops out chunks of the chocolate chip dough and rolls it in her hand. I follow her and she laughs at the ball that I rolled up.

"I think you might want to cut that in half or you'll have a big cookie stuck to all these small ones." She laughs.

When we're done Ashley hops on the counter, I look at her and her eyes widen. She tries to slide off but I grip her hips. "No, it's okay. You always used to sit right there." It wasn't a complete lie, every time we spent the night at her apartment she used to sit on the counter when we waited for dinner to be done.

I handed her a cup of hot chocolate. I watch as her eyes sparkle at the slowly melting marshmallows and it feels like I just fell in love all over again. When she looks up at me I finally notice I've been staring at her for too long.

This isn't going to be easy.