Chapter 20: "I remember"

Niall’s POV

“Ashl-,”

“Bye love you, got to run.” She leaves before I can ask where she’s going, it’s the third time this week. When the paparazzi spotted Harry and Ashley out together there was a rumor she was cheating, now I’m worried.

She takes more time on her cloths and hair lately. She doesn’t tell me a whole lot about her day like she used to. Ugh what am I doing it’s only making things worst. Right when I sit In front of the TV I’m out like a light.

***

“Niall, Niall baby.” I felt her tap on my cheek but I keep my eyes closed. Maybe she’ll leave me alone. She sighs and I hear her boots walk away. I shift on the couch and try and go back to sleep.

Moments later I feel a warm blanket over me. I peek my eyes open and see her sit down on the floor in front of the couch.

“I wish you were awake, I really need to talk to you. I need to confess it.” Her head falls and she sighs. I knew it, she is cheating on me.

I rolled over so my back was facing her. I felt her get up and heard the bed room door close. She didn’t even try to wake me up, just two seconds and gave up. I sat up and was wide awake the whole night. 

By the time I finally could sleep I had to get up for another day at the studio. It was the final day and today was Louis’ birthday, Ashley said she was planning on a surprise birthday party. I was in no mood for a party.

“Morning.” Ashley came in already dressed. She came to kiss me but I turned making her kiss my cheek instead.

“Hey, I got to get going okay.” Like always. “You remember the plan right.”

“Yeah, take Louis to dinner but ask him to help with some boxes after, I’m not stupid I know.” I didn’t mean to let the last part slip.

“I know you’re not I was just-,”

“Just what huh? Just checking to see I know well I know okay.” Part of me was talking about her cheating and after thinking last night I know with who. She was about to say something when she opened the door to Harry after he’d knock.

Why now, things were going just fine.

***

“Do you really think she’s cheating? I mean with Harry of all people. He’s your mate and I’m pretty sure Ashley is head over heels about you.” Louis tries to find the good in this.

“I don’t know, I’m sure she’s cheating though she practically said it to me when I was sleeping.” I pay for the food and we get up.

“Well thanks Niall for dinner.” He pats my back.

“Yeah, happy birthday. Hey before we go do you think you can come over and help with the boxes? I had to get them to the storage a while ago but I keep forgetting.”

“Sure.” The whole drive there Louis tells me I might have heard wrong but I just don’t see it.

“It’s only a couple of boxes.” I open the door and reach for the lights as Louis walks in. When they turn on every one pops out and throws party string at him. Louis laughs as they got him.

“Happy birthday Louis.” Ashley hugs him.

“You did this?” He smiles at her, then I spot Harry going to the kitchen.

“Well with the help of Harry, he was the only one who knew you best.” She laughs. Louis thanks her again and greets Eleanor and everyone else. I walk over to Harry and ask him to have a chat in my room.