Worth A Try

Carlos' POV

Me and KD were finally in New York. The jet had just landed and our über was outside of the airport waiting on us. I was feeling so bad.

KD told the driver where we were headed and from there, we made our way to his traphouse so we could pick his car up and head to Maryland. The ride was completely silent.

When we got there, KD hit the button on his keypad to unlock his Audi doors before running into the house. I grabbed my bag from the ground and tossed it into hit backseat before getting in and waiting for him to come back out.

"You good bro?" He asked for the millionth time when he got in the car and crunk up. "I'm straight." I lied. He pulled off and we maneuvered through New York traffic.

As usual, KD had A Boogie blasting as we pulled up to my parents house. "You gon stay here for a little bit?" He asked.

"Yeah, Dani's home too. You should surprise her and make her feel better." I stepped out of the car, leaving my bag in the back. A pit grew in my throat as I etched closer and closer to the house. I hated this shit.

Kaydence's POV

I did want to see Dani and hold her, all of that good shit but at the same time, I wasn't about to go bang on her door for decades. I really wanted to do what Carlos told me to but his sister was still holding a grudge towards a nigga and I wasn't tryna waste my time.

I called my mom's phone as I made my way towards her house to let her know that I was swinging by her house and shortly after, I was pulling into the driveway.

I grabbed my phone and pulled my key from the ignition before stepping out of the car and walking up to the door which was already opened for me.

"Hey, did you talk to Ayriel?" She asked as I walked into the kitchen where she was cooking. She wiped her hands on the apron that she was wearing and then pulled me into a hug.

"No, not yet. Why?" I asked, confused.

"Me either. She hasn't been home in almost a week."

"A week?" I pulled my phone from my pocket and dialed her number. Ayriel was always up to something but she was gon cut the bullshit. The phone rung twice before she picked up.

"Who is this?" A dude's voice came through the phone. Not wanting an argument to stir up, I lied and told him I was her cousin just so I could get her on the phone. After briefly speaking to him, he handed the phone to her.

"Ayriel, where you at yo? I wanna see Karcyn." I was trying to be as calm as possible so I could get a location. "Kaydence? Where you been?"

"Working. Where you at ma?" I knew what words to use with Ayriel to get what I wanted out of her but when I saw her in person it would be a totally different story. I was so fucking tired of her having all of these different niggas around my baby, it wasn't safe and her dumb ass knew it.

"Out of town right now, Karcyn's with my dad."

"Can you call and let him know I'm tryna see her or something?" I knew this wasn't a good idea. Ayriel's entire family hated my ass but this had nothing to do with me spending time with my child. I didn't give a damn who hated me and who didn't, I missed my baby.

"Yeah, I'll call you back." We ended the call and I looked up at my mama. She was waiting for me to speak.

"This bit- She decided to go out of town with another new nigga. . . Boy, she just ain't gon learn." I shook my head in disappointment.