Mind Playing Tricks

Vote & comment!

Kaydence's POV

"Nah, I ain't been taking it." I answered my mama before dropping my head. She was always serious about me taking my meds but I didn't feel like I needed them anymore. Those damn things made me feel crazy and besides, I was doing pretty good without em in my opinion.

When I was 16, after my dad's death I was diagnosed with IED, intermittent explosive disorder which is basically anger problems. Shit, I didn't know how it happened but all I knew was, one day I went into a rage and I ain't been right since then. Lately, I've been catching myself. I would stop myself from having these outbursts that I used to have back then so I felt as if I didn't need a prescription in order to have self control.

"Now, Kaydence, you know you should take your medication. . just to stay on the safe side."

"I don't need it. I got me, ma."

"Please, for me? Just take it. I know what could happen when you don't take it. Remember what you did to that boy at school? I don't want to see you like that again." I shook my head, wishing that she would've never brung that shit up. I basically ruined my whole life with bullshit.

I wasn't always a crazy nigga. My junior year in high school, I was D1, had colleges all over the country looking at me and everything. After I beat this dude up and flashed out on my principal, everything went left for me. My entire life went down in flames.

*flashback*

"Nigga, stand your punk ass up and show me what you been talkin' bout." I stood over Frank as his so called 'homies' watched with fear in their eyes.

"Look, KD. . I was just joking around, ya know. . Having a lil' fun. I didn't mean it like that." By now, everyone in the cafeteria were crowded around us.

"So what exactly did you mean when you said, 'fuck your entire family,'" I asked him.

"I didn't-" Before I knew it, my fist landed on his temple and he hit the floor. I got on top of him and sent blows to his head unaware of the fact that his body had stiffened.

"Yo, Kaydence chill my nigga, he's unconscious!" Dontae yelled from the crowd but this didn't stop me. One thing I couldn't stand was disrespect but it hit a whole notha' nerve when this nigga said fuck my entire family. That meant that he was saying fuck my pops too.

"Mr. Ortiz! Stop it!" I heard Principal Stokes yelling from afar followed by him tugging at my clothes trying to pull me off of Frank.

"Fuck this nigga man! Fuck my family? Nah, nigga fuck you!" I kicked him in the head, hoping to crack his skull before I was pulled away from the crowd.

"Immediate exposure!" Principle Stokes pushed me into his office and slammed the door behind him. "Mr. D1." He chuckled, "You better hope that boy's okay or yo ass is gonna wind up in jail.

"Who the fuck is you talking to, my nigga?" I asked him. This nigga must've been under the influence if he thought he could talk to me in a way that my mom didn't even speak to me in.

"What's your mom's number?"

"Nah. Answer my question first. Who the fuck is you talking to?" I stood up from my seat and walked over to his desk. He looked terrified.

"Call my mama and I'll make this bitch a living hell, I ain't goin' no fuckin way. I'm not going to a alternative school. Suck my dick." I walked out of the office and made my way back towards the cafeteria. I didn't know what the fuck was wrong with me but it was obvious that I grew balls overnight. I was never a pussy but I was raised to never ever disrespect adults so I had no idea what the fuck had gotten into me.