Something New

Daniella's POV

"Kaydence I have to work today so don't run off. You have Karcyn." I told him as he started to put his shoes on. He would always get dressed and just leave. A good dad, sure he was one but I was with Karcyn way more than he was during the week on top of working a full time, legal job. He would spend about three hours with her before sending her off to his mom if he had some "business to handle."

"Ight, I got her. What time you gotta work?"

"6. A night shit." I sighed. "It's almost 5 now. Give me a kiss." I walked over to him as he stood up, wrapping his arms around my waist, his hands right above my butt. He pecked my lips twice before licking his and kissing me once more.

"I love you Dani, for real."

"I love you too." I said, looking up at him with an awkward expression. "Don't ever think I'on love you baby. . I love you more than I love myself."

"Okay Kaydence, what's going on? You're scaring me."

"Nothing, I just don't want you thinking I'on love you because of how slack I've been lately. . the closer it gets to your birthday, the more I'm gonna prove how much I do."

"I already know that you love me Kaydence, you've already proven it."

"I don't feel like I did. I haven't been doing what I used to. I gotta get right for the sake of us." I was hearing what he was saying but wasn't really understanding what he was meaning. All relationships had problems but I felt as though this was one that I didn't know about because I was confused.

"You're okay, we're okay." I assured him, still not knowing what he was talking about. "A'ight Dani. . when's your next day off?"

"Wednesday."

"Let's go ou- Fuck, I forgot about that run to New York."

"It's fine." I was a tad bit disappointed but was trying not to show it. I was trying to lay up off of him and give him some space to breath. I no longer wanted to complain or act as if I didn't trust him or like I wasn't happy, even though my happiness was slowly fading.

"Nah, it's not. . I'll postpone that shit. It's strictly us on Wednesday, word up." He removed his arms and sat back down.

"Like we gon' actually sit down and talk about everything, we gon' make this better." He said. Something was really off about him and it had me thinking hard.

8,14pm Kaydence's POV

"So you just bouta duck off and not tell Marvin nothing?" I asked Los.

"I mean, how else am I supposed to do it?"

"You better tell'em something, he can look without counting and see that his money is short." I warned him. Marvin was knee-deep in the game and was on point with everything and I meant everything.

"Okay well I'll just go with you the next time you go, that's cool?" I nodded as I finished pearling my backwood, sparking it afterwards.

"So about what we talked about earlier, Dani pregnant yet?" I laughed at his ignorant ass before responding, "Not that we know of."

"Hell is you waiting on man?"

"Her. . We don't really discuss a baby like that anymore and plus, I think she back on those pills."

"Yeah, yeah. . I need a niece or something man. . Karcyn needs somebody to play with, don't you think?"

"She's good for right now," I passed him the blunt, "She'll be good for a minute."