Our Infinite Escapades

A/N: I couldn't insert the complete excerpt in the description because it exceeds 2000 words. So, here you go! Enjoy! :)

***

"What is wrong with you?"

"This." Using my index finger, I pointed to the space between us.

"You seem to be enjoying this so far."

"You're. I'm not," he deadpanned.

I cringed. Truth to be told, I somehow enjoyed our time together for the past few weeks. Alone.

"It's your fault after all. I got expelled out of school because of you. Now, you took me across the world because of your freaking addiction to those stupid alcohol. My face is all over the TV for heaven's sake! What the hell is not wrong with this!" I exclaimed and catched my breath as soon as I was done with my speech.

He took a step closer, shortening the distance between us. This small action made my nerves go wild. My mind got haywired and my breath hitched.

He smirked. The fact that he didn't take anything I said seriously boiled my blood.

" Did you even-"

I was cut off by him, brushing my cheek with his thumb. At that instant, I shuddered , feeling the heat he transmitted to my body. His eyes studied me, looking deeply into my soul.

I felt warm, safe and more importantly wrong.

If I wasn't thinking sane, I would had crashed my lips on his right away.

I pushed him away with all the strength I could muster. Unfortunately, thanks to his quick reflex, he caught my arms midair.

"Tell me Elisavet, are you jealous of the girl I hung out with last night?"

Last night, I accompanied him to the club nearby. Trust me, I didn't even want to get any close to that place of sin but I had to, since I lost the bet I had with him.

As soon as we stepped in, he was lost in the crowd. I saw him in the distance with a girl in his arm, grinding against him as the song blasted off the speaker.

I wanted to leave right that moment. My heart stopped me, I didn't want him to get too drunk to the point that he didn't get to find his way back to the hotel that we're staying at.

So, I stayed until the club was about to close. It closed actually. All the workers were cleaning the place when I woke up. No one else was there. He wasn't there. I left immediately with raging anger towards myself for caring too much.

I was instantly pulled back into reality when his hand on mine tighten.

"What? No," I stuttered.

"I have a feeling you are lying. Look at your eyes, they say the otherwise."

I pulled my hands back and to my satisfaction, he released them.

I walked towards the refrigerator, ignoring what he said.

I opened the door of the fridge but he pushed them closed.

"Answer me," he demanded.

I took a step back. Without meeting his gaze, I replied. "I answered your question, didn't I? Why don't you leave me alone now?"

"Look at me."

I turned my back and grabbed the glass on the counter before pouring some water in it.

My lips was about to touch the glass but he took it from me after spinning me around.

"Look at me, Elisavet," I tilted my head to look at him.

"Why does it matter to you? It's not like you would give a damn," I asked.

"After all these weeks, you still don't see it, do you?"

" I would rather have my eyes closed from seeing the reality. The reality is ugly and so, do you."

I cracked a not-funny joke and I swear, only the microorganisms around us laughed.

How could he be ugly when he standed over six feet tall, with those electrifying gray eyes and well-sculptured body. God, he looked so delicious.

Scratch that, I was thinking of such sinful things when I was supposed to be fuming.

"It's funny that your heart is not closed at all. Look, open up your eyes and trust me, it's beautiful."

As if I'd fall for that.

With that, he closed the distance between us as he crashed his lips on mine.