OIE II

Beam of light rays illuminated the gloomy morning. I walked on the streets with a cup of coffee in my hand. My boots was clicking against the ground as my eyes scanned through the shops that I passed by on my way to college.

I instantly stopped by the grocery store I often shopped at when something interesting caught my eyes.

Right on the magazine rack, I saw some fairly intriguing news.

"Morning Marzia."I greeted the owner of Marzia's Grocery as I took the newspaper in my hand.

"Good morning honey. You're going to school pretty early today," she said while watering the freshly picked flowers in various of different vases.

" Yeah." I didn't exactly pay attention to what she was saying. The headline of the news captivated me. It reads 'Matthias Corporation Welcomed Family Worldwide'

It was not happening, wasn't it? I thought.

"How much is this, Marzia?" I waved the paper at her.

"It's supposed to be one dollar but it's okay, just take it. You seemed to be really interested in it."

"There's no way I can do that. Here, take this, keep the change." I shoved my hands in my pocket and handed her the five dollars note.

I kept the paper in my bag to avoid spilling the coffee on it since I was pretty reckless, especially when I walked. I sipped the coffee and stood at the bus stop to go to Riversdale High.

School ended pretty quickly since everyone was talking about thanksgiving. I had tons of chemistry assignment to finish, not forgetting to do some editing for the school's magazine, so I stayed at the library after school was dismissed.

I was scrabbling on the piece of paper looking for the answer when I suddenly remembered about the newspaper.

I took it out of my bag and put it on the table. Flipping through the pages, my anxiety got on my nerves.

'Matthias Holding,the proprietor of Zenovia Hotels and Resorts expanded its chain worldwide to Asia and Oceania. The five-star hospitality offered by Zenovia attracted various people to experience the service firsthand. According to Forbes, Matthias Holding had collectively gained profit of fifty million dollars last month. According to Mavros Matthias, the CEO of Mathias Holding and also the president of Zenovia Hotels and Resorts Limited, he was pleased to officiate the opening of the one hundredth hotel in Sydney, Australia next month. He also mentioned that he would be attending a conference in New York with her eldest daughter, Kassandra Mathias, who is currently the Executive Director of Zenovia Hotels and Resorts Limited. The -'

I closed the newspaper immediately as soon as someone took a seat across me. Little did I realize the edge of the newspaper was crumpled in my grip due to my contented frustration.

With an air of disgust, I shoved the paper aside, away from me as far as possible.

"Adoni? Hey, are you even listening to me?" I was jolted out of my reverie as soon as I felt someone's hand on my arm.

"Um. Sorry, what did you say?" I said out of my confusion.

The auburn-haired girl sighed, her dimples was full on display as she smiled at me. "I was saying, your phone had been ringing." She said, pointing at my phone.

"Ah. Just forget about it. I was on full intention to not pick it up. It's just Adrian, bugging me about the date I promised him." I muttered.

Propping her chin up with both her arms, she said. "Was it just that or you were really immersed in whatever you reading? What was it?" She extended her hands to get the papers.