OIE IV

"Vanilla or chocolate?" I asked Adrian, who is totally immersed in doing what he did best, assignments.

Apparently, I decided to spend my late afternoon with him. I would be bored altogether if I had spent it at home without having any company. Call me a loner because I was. It all happened when I found out that my class had been cancelled and his, just finished. After getting lunch uptown, he drove us to his house. That summed up how I got into his bed while watching the TV and also- how he totally ignored me after agreeing to play twenty-questions with me.

"Hello, Adrian? Are you still breathing?" I asked him. He didn't even spare a glance at me which left me wondering if he was doing it on purpose.

I grabbed the nearest pillow and tossed it at him or to be exact- at his head. Thud! It landed right on him. I laughed instantly at how he jerked from the momentum of the pillow.

He narrowed his icey-blue eyes on me. His long curled lashes just did a wonderful job at obsecuring his electrying irises. Beam rays of sunlight made their way through his wavy, brown hair as he looked at me in confusion. His clenched jaw and slight snicker indicated that his play mode was switched on.

"Touchdown!" I yelled.

"What the heck, Adoni?" He deadpanned as he shut his laptop on his working desk.

"Oh my! Don't you think I should join the football team?" I stated, sarcasm seeping through each my words as I stared at the ceiling above me. "And, you know what?-" I didn't get to finish as a loud thumping noise muffled my voice.

Upon looking in front, I was tackled by a very gigantic figure- Adrian. He lunged forward making us fell onto the bed with him on top of me. I laughed and squirmed underneath him as both our weight made me sink into the plush, fluffy bed. Only then I realized, I was the who was making all the giggling. 

When I opened up my eyes, he was already sending me jolts of electricity through the heated stare. Reality sunk in me as I noticed I was between both his arm. It'd a lie if I say I didn't notice the thick tension hanging in the air. 

Looking deeply into my soul, burning me to God knows how many Fahrenheit, he slowly took his hand and caressed my cheek gently. I instantly shuddered under his touch. Get a grip, Adoni. You don't love him that way.

"You're so beautiful, Adoni." He whispered, hot breath fanning my ear. God blessed him for not sending me into a pool of puddle, yet.

I hummed as his stubble gently touched my skin. I couldn't believe he was that close. "Also, I believe you're-" He smiled at me, a very genuine one as both his hand traveled to my stomach. "Ticklish," he ended.

With that, we ended up in a tickle-fight- whatever that was called. God damn it, I almost got fooled by Adrian's charm. He let me go as both of us were exhausted from all the tickles.

"Look, who almost gave it into a kiss?" he laughed as he got off the bed.

Wiping the beads of sweat off my forehead using the hem of my sleeves, I argued. " I did not." Deep in the pit of my stomach, it was churning with flush snd embarrassment. It'd be a blessing if I had not blushed beet-red.

I watched him as he walked into his wardrobe. He took a new, black shirt and changed as he was getting back into his room.

"What did you say?" he raised his perfectly-groomed brow.

"Let me tell you, you are nuts. How could you do that?" I threw another pillow at him.

"Do what?"

"Played me at where I was the weakest, emotionally. You practically toyyed with my feelings, Adrian." I said angrily.

"Me on top of you was when you were at the weakest?" He smirked victory.

"Was that all you get from what I said?" Frustration audible in my tone.

"At least I know you are attracted to me, physically even not emotionally, yet. That's a good start." He said, we sounding as coherent as he could. Unfortunately, it sounded rubbish to my ear.

"Good start to what?"

"Us."

Silence encroached upon us. I couldn't utter a single word as I was slightly taken aback at his words. He walked to the corner of his room and stood behind the glass panel, overlooking the majestic view of his mansion. He leaned towards the window with an arm held high.

"Adrian,-" I said, hopping off his bed.

"I just need you to try, Adoni. All you have been doing is leading me on," he cut me off. A pang of guilt swallowed me alive instantly.

"I don't like this but I can't control my feelings," he said. He turned to look at me. I tried to avoid his gaze but it was proven futile when it held me paralyzed. "I only need a chance, Adoni. One chance, for me to make you feel like the happiest girl alive. One chance, for me to call you, my girl."

"Just in case you don't see it, I am happy enough already," I replied immediately, not even contemplating what I said could cause. Sensing humor in my words, I chuckled.

"I don't believe you find what I say, humorous," he said menacingly as he walked away from me.

"You know what? I am just going go to go home now." I backed away from him. I grabbed my bag on his bed and took my jacket hung in his wardrobe. How did I not notice it got there.

"Goodbye," I mumbled softly, hoping that he could hear it. Since I was feeling extremely guilty to be the one who's making him feel that way, I guessed some manner would do.

I was about to twist the door knob when his hand landed on my arm.

"I'm going to drive you home," he said.

"It's okay. I'll be good to walk," I shoved him off.

"Don't be ridiculous, Adoni. I might be devastated but that doesn't mean, I don't care."

"Okay. Whatever, let's go."

What a game, I thought.