2

Moonlight sparkled in rays through the square window. Only the occasional sound of gusts of wind outside lingered.

"Goodnight, mommy." The girl said from her bed.

"Goodnight." Her mother replied at the doorway. With the door gently shut behind her, the lady tiptoed to her own room down the wood floored hall. She made sure each light, save for one nightlight in the bathroom, was off. Once she arrived in her bedroom, she planted right into the covers and blacked out.

But her daughter had different plans aside from sleeping. She grew curious from earlier in the day, when mister Tobin joined them for lunch. He spoke of his daughter, a girl bearing a similar likeness to herself. He relayed her dreams and interests; which included being an author of great success. Then he began to elaborate about her journal. Everywhere she traveled, she brought this journal with her, recording everything and anything.

Then he stopped. Dead center of explaining more, he cut himself off and fell direly silent. He was stuck in his own little trance.

Following her pattern from the prior night, the child roosted upon the wooden rocker and chattered to her deadpanned bear.

"You're right. I should wait until tomorrow to read it." She murmured, squeezing the bear affectionately.

-
"Then what happened?"

"I'm getting to that."