Failed

If you haven't read I Want You Here my first book, please read it now. Journey to the Avengers is the sequel to I Want You Here. Please read I Want You Here before you read this book. Thanks!

Steve's POV.
I sat in my dining room writing my report. - I Captain Rogers and my student Miss Sarah Barns, went on her first mission on Aug. 12th. -My pen froze. I starred at the report and began to remember what happened two nights ago.

***************flashback*****************
We were in the Avengers building training when Director Fury came in. He was now our mission guide, but not the leader. I was the Captain not Fury anymore.

"Captain! We just got reports of a break in at the museum. It looks like Loki." He said. I nodded. I turned to Sarah. "We'll have to continue training tomorrow I have to suit up." I began to turn away,but was stopped by Sarah.

"Uncle Ste-I mean Captain Rogers, I've been training for almost a year now I think I'm ready for some action." She said. "No." I answered. "But Uncle St-Captain! I know I can do it! I'm the youngest junior Avenger here and I'm still better in combat then any of the others. Well except for Rosa she was trained by Aunt Tasha. Please let me go!" I sighed.

Sarah was Bucky and Sharon's daughter. Sarah had Bucky's strength, agility, stamina and intelligence, but she didn't get his speed, his reflexes, durability, or his healing factor.

When she was 13 she wanted to begin training. Sharon came to me and asked me to train her. I refused. I didn't think that anyone under the age of at least 18 should join. Then Bucky came to me and told me that he trusted me and he wanted me to be the one to train Sarah. He didn't want to because of his past. I finally agreed.

I took Sarah under my wing and began training her. We ended up with a great bond. She would come over and hangout with Michaela and they became great friends. Although it had already been a year I didn't think she could handle that big of a mission. I didn't want to risk it, but maybe she could handle it. Maybe I was being too protective.

Sarah as a 14 year old

"Fine, but stick to me and do exactly as I tell you." I ordered sternly. She smiled and nodded. "Suit up." She smiled and hugged me. "Thank you! You won't regret it!" She ran off. I shook my head. We both met up at the Quinjet I was wearing my navy stealth suit and she was wearing a black stealth suit with a black mask.

When we arrived at the museum we walked inside. "Stay close watch everything. And if I tell you to run, run." She nodded. "Copy that."

We reached the ancient artifact wing and saw that a case had been broken into. "This doesn't look right." I said. "Hey look! There's a label on here!" She said. She read it aloud. "The Key to the gods." "I wonder what Loki needs with that? I'm gonna call Stark and have him come down here to..."