Chapter 18: Believe Me

(Mark's POV)

Anti yelled at his pet, Septic Eyed Satan, and he ran away. I was annoyed at him because he ate mine and Jack's picture, the first one we took together. It was faded and worn down. The day I met him was the best day of my life. That's what really, happened. Jack doesn't know, he won't listen. I finally gave up on beating his door to death, and told him, "I don't expect you to listen, but you need to hear what happened. I can't expect you to care, but Anti yelled at his pet,  he ran away. I was aggravated at him, you know the first picture we took together, when we first met, he ate it." 

(Sean's POV) 

'Does he really think I'm that stupid? To believe such a lie, you really must be a gullible idiot.' I finished packing. I grabbed clothes, my wallet, Sams things, and Sam. I would have gone out the window, but my room was on the second story. I probably wouldn't get far with a broken leg. That meant only one other choice. I took a deep breath before I placed my hand on the door handle. I walked outside, Mark immediately looking up and saying, "Jack, Please believe me." I didn't answer, just walked downstairs.

Anti grasped my arm before I put it on the door handle. "Sean, listen to me," he said threw clenched teeth, his eye glowing. "Do you really think that Mark would say that he wanted you gone?" No. That was the correct answer. 

"Well, he stated it. I heard the whole conversation-" His death grip tightened and he threw me to the ground. All the air in my lungs had left. 

"Sean! Seriously? Do you want to know what he really did say about you?" I didn't answer. He used his magic to show me his memory. 

*Memory* 

"We need to help him!" Mark was having an emotional roller coaster while Anti tried to calm him down. "I need him back."

"He'll be fine, Mark. This isn't the first time the witch has hurt him, it won't be the last."

"I kn-ow, b-but why? Sean, h-he's so sw-eet, why d-does he de-deserve it?"

"He doesn't. But, Mark, see it this way, if Sean hadn't ever been cursed, maybe he wouldn't be so kind hearted. He's always told me that he never wants to inflict his pain on others because he knows how it feels."

"I g-guess you're r-right..."

*End Memory*

"Mark was telling the truth, wasn't he?" I whispered.