First Date Jitters

Today was the day. It was Caitlin's first date with Barry. Recently, they'd expressed how they felt towards each other, they'd even kissed. But tonight was their official date. Caitlin had never felt more nervous about anything in her life, she loved Barry and did not want this to go wrong. And so much could go wrong: there could be a meta attack or a crime or... something. She didn't mean to worry but it was natural for her and she really wanted this and she wanted to remember it forever and ever. After all, who knew what the future held for their relationship? Forgive her for thinking far ahead but she could see them having a future together, getting married, having a family together. Desperately, she hoped that he felt the same.

She had picked out the perfect dress. It was red and she knew that red was his favourite colour. 

She had curled her hair perfectly so it rolled down her back and had painted her lips red too

She had curled her hair perfectly so it rolled down her back and had painted her lips red too. She hoped the light pinky blush would conceal her true blushes but she knew that probably wouldn't work. She was just checking her look in the mirror when there was a knock on the door. Wow! For the first time, Barry was on time. She grabbed her bag and dashed to the door and took a deep breath before answering it.

_____________________

Barry had been freaking out all day over this. He's so in love with Caitlin and doesn't want to screw it up, she was important to him and didn't want to hurt her. What to wear? It wasn't until Joe told him that  he had five minutes till he was supposed to pick her up that he made up his mind. 

As she opened the door, his breath instantly caught and his throat dried. She looked beautiful. She watched for a second, taking in the greeting that they were experiencing. 

"Wow... You look... Amazing,"

"As do you," she took a step closer.

"This is for you," he handed her a rose which she smiled and took it.

"Awww, thank you," she leant in to kiss him. Quickly, the kiss turned into more of a makeout session. They didn't want to pull away from each other but knew that they wouldn't go anywhere tonight if they carried on. "Later," she whispered seductively, and immediately he turned red because of what she was insinuating.

The young couple went to an Italian restaurant hand in hand. The atmosphere was great and soon all their worries about the night faded away into nothingness. They spent a long time talking over dinner, still keeping their free hands intertwined on the table. Every so often, they would find themselves gazing into each other's eyes and feeling nothing but love and passion between them. It was by far the best first date they'd ever been on, screw that, it was the best date they'd been on ever!

After dinner, they went for a walk in the park. The night was quiet and the full moon was shining in the sky with the stars twinkling too.

"I love you," Caitlin whispered, lying her head on Barry's shoulder.

"I love you too, Cait," Barry replied, kissing her forehead.

"Come on, let's go back to my place," Caitlin suggested, reminding them both what she had said earlier.

They entered her apartment awkwardly. Obviously, they didn't want to just jump on each other but they didn't really know what to do. Caitlin locked the door and spun around to face Barry. Slowly, she wandered towards him and leant in to kiss him. Much like earlier in the evening the kiss turned into a makeout session and this time they didn't pull away. Instead they made their way to her bedroom...