Don't Go

Dedicated to graceread2003

Caitlin was sitting in her empty apartment, it was freezing. Ice was everywhere and her hair was practically fully white. Her eyes were glistening blue and so were her frostbitten lips. In fury, she screamed loudly and burst into tears. Her eyes turned back to their natural hazel brown but her hair stayed white as snow. 

Next Day

Barry arrived at STAR labs and found that Caitlin wasn't there. Normally, she'd be there by now and because of her powers Barry had been very careful to make sure that she's not leaving the city or disappearing. Quickly, he ran to her apartment and found it completely covered in ice and it was freezing cold. However, Caitlin was not there. But there was a note saying that she had left the city and was going to live far away from any people that she could harm. She also said not to follow her or track her down but Barry couldn't let her go, not when his Cait was still inside of her.

He called Cisco to track her through temperature spikes and when he got her location he ran straight to her.

"Barry! What are you doing here? I told you to leave me be," Caitlin shouted, then her eyes glossed over and turned blue once again. 

"Cait please, I promised I would help you. I care about you and you've saved me so many times. Please let me help you," Barry pleaded.

"There's no helping me, you did this to me!" she screamed and she through an ice spike at him which he barely dodged. She continued to throw ice spikes at him until she had him backed against a wall. There was nothing stopping her from ending it right then and there but for some reason, she hesitated.

"If Caitlin Snow, Cait, is gone then kill me. Tell me you feel nothing towards me," he taunted. Her completely emotionless face turned more emotional but she held her composure and still clutched the ice spike. 

"I... I feel nothing towards you," she snapped but hesitated slightly.

"Then why did you hesitate?"

"Because... Because I love you," her eyes turned back to her perfect hazel irises he knew and loved. But what she said, hadn't been planned and they were both shocked by the revelation. They weren't together, quite the contrary, Barry was with Iris but it felt strange that hearing her say those words made him really happy. Then he realised, has he had feelings for the beautiful doctor all this time?

"I love you too," then without any warning she kissed him, despite the fact that it could possibly kill him. This time she really believed him when he said he would help her...