Breaking The News

-Skylar's POV-

Pat had a game tonight and I was more excited to attend than normal. No one besides Natalie and Jonny knew we were together so it's nice that I won't have to answer a million questions. Well at least not yet. "What do we say when people ask why now" I wonder from the passenger seat of his car. As we pull up to the UC he turns off the car then turns to look at me. "I don't know. I didn't think about that" he admits. I didn't want to explain why I wouldn't let him be that important to me before the incident or anything of that sort. "How about we just say I was so irresistible you finally caved and you begged to have me" he says dreamily. I laugh and help him grab his bags. "Right. Like they would believe that" I say following him in. "What. Is that so crazy to assume" he asks fake hurt. I roll my eyes and open the door. "I mean... you are pretty cute" I giggle stopping in front of the locker room. "And..." he says not letting me out this conversation so easy. "And you're a very talented kid" I add on. "And..." he trails off once again. "And I love you. A lot" I smile. He smiles finally satisfied with getting the answer he wanted. "I love you too" he says before kissing me on the lips. Just as he did so the doors swing open and everyone in the locker room stops. We break apart and realize everyone was staring. It's dead silent as everyone looks around and I just feel like running away. "About fucking time" Sharp yells as I hide my face in Pats sweater. He wraps my arms around me and I hear a faint "awe". "Damn it... This means the bet is over" someone sighs before I hear Brian let out a hoot. "A bet" Patrick asks before I turn around in his arms. "We might or might not have a pool for when you two would get together" Andrew Ladd explains. I drop my jaw and look around the room while everyone nods. "Not cool guys" Patrick glares, still holding me close. "You can't blame us. You guys are meant for each other. It was just a matter of time... in which we all placed bets on what we thought that time would be" Ladd reiterates. "Okay then. Who won" I ask curiously. Everyone turns to Jonny who pulls a piece of paper out his stall. "Ummmm Big Buff won" he announces and they cheer. After that I head up to the box and break the news to the other wives and girlfriends. I am bombarded with a barrage of questions from"why now" to "when's the marriage". I'm so over the top that they're happy for me but once they kept asking what changed I panicked a little. "Excuse me ladies. I need to use the restroom" I say quietly excusing myself. I run to the bathroom and splash cold water on my face. As my breathing picked up I knew what was coming next and ran to the bathroom. After emptying my dinner into the toilet I hear the door open and someone call my name. They quickly find me and begin rubbing my back. "Sky are you okay" they ask and I nod. Every time I think about what happened horrible images of my sister drowning in her own blood or my mothers head making a earth shattering cracking sound... I just can't take it. It makes me so sick to think that a father could do that, and that it happened to me. "Yeah. I'll be fine" I say flushing. I turn around to see Dayna with a paper towel and a small smile. "I'm sorry if we upset you" she says. I cringe so hard. The amount of times I've heard that through middle school and high school is in the hundreds. I'm tired of people being sorry for me. "It's not you're fault, really" I say taking the paper towel and cleaning myself off. "I'm serious. We didn't think we would upset you" she says. I take a deep breath trying not to become upset. "Really Dayna. I'm fine" I try with a smile. She understands that I was beyond over this and wanted it to be over. We return to our seats and enjoy the rest of the game. Patrick had two goals and the Blackhawks leave with a win. "Great job Pat" I say walking towards him after the game. "Thank you, thank you. I might have been trying to show off a little" he says with a wink causing my to giggle. "Oh great. Now the bubbly best friends have become Milk and Cookies. How will we survive" Sharpy chirps. "Milk and Cookies, that sounds cute what to you think Sky?". "Oh for sure. Maybe we'll get shirts made for team" I say causing Sharp to groan. "You two just can't be unhappy can you" he laughs. I look up at Patrick as he smiles down at me. Neither of us say a word because we didn't need to. Us being such good friends was actually good for our relationship. "Why do I feel like they're about to suck face" Jonny says pointing to us. Patrick flips him off and he grabs his stuff. "How come you never invite Natalie to games" I ask as the three of us walk to the cars. "I ask but she says she likes to watch at home better" he shrugs. Okay then. I get to my car and Patrick opens my door for me. Such a gentlemen. "Don't make any plans for tomorrow" he says blocking the entrance of my door. I raise my eyebrow and cross my arms. "That's not how I wanted that to sound" he groans running his hands down his face. I quickly grab them and wrap them around my waist then wrap my arms around his neck. "Hey. We're still best friends. I don't want you getting all weird on me because we're a couple now. I don't want things to change" I say moving my hands to his face. "God I love you" he says with a smile making me smile. "I love you too" I reply before planting a kiss on his lips. "I wanted to know if you wanted to go on a date with me tomorrow night" he says quickly. "I would love that" I smile.