chapter one

I wake up to her voice.

"Come downstairs you idiot! I made breakfast"

I quickly investigate my surroundings and immediately realize that I'm in her room. I don't know why that took me even a second to realize that I'm at her house. I'm here so often I practically call it home. I shout back downstairs,

"Gimmie a second I gotta mentally prepare myself to eat whatever you just cooked"

She responds, "Love you too you brat"

I walk out of her room and head towards her bathroom. I know her house better than I know my own. I'm so grateful for her, even if she can't cook. She cares about me more than anyone. I care about her more than anyone. Everyone knows that we're gonna be friends forever. Whenever we post a picture with each other, all of the comments are "BFF goals." I love that bitch to pieces. I'm so glad she's mine.

As I walk into her bathroom I see her little sister. "Good morning Nellie" I smile and say "Hey Mia, how are the things" she smiles because I ask her that all the time and says "I'm okay Nellie, but I think my sister wants you I heard her shouting"

"Yeah I do hurry up you idiot!"

Damn how'd she hear that. I laugh and decide the bathroom can wait. I run down her stairs and see her on the couch. I deicde to jump over and onto her.

"Ouch that hurt you bitch!" she yells and throws a pillow at me.

"It's all part of my charm" I smirk

"Okay well princess charming your pancakes are on the stove and that's all you're getting so I advise you to eat"

"Okay mom"

"Shutup I know you love that I care"

"Yeah and ill be home by ten"

"Fuck you go eat"

Happy with myself, I walk up to her kitchen. I look at her 'pancakes' and decide that they are inedible. Still, I throw one to her dog so she doesn't feel bad. I sit for a minute and walk back to her. She declares that we are watching American horror story.

"C'mon its the last day of summer we gotta do something exciting"

"Well you're welcome to go on an adventure, Dora, but I'm gonna have my ass on this couch and stare at Evan Peters"

I smile because in actuality I don't care what we do as long as I get to be with her. I then have to piss.

"You win. I'll be down in a minute."

I start walking up to her bathroom and see her mom

"Hey honey" I get, as if I were her own daughter.

"Hey Mrs. Maples, Martina's downstairs. I'm just going to the bathroom really quick"

"Thanks sweetheart"

And with that, I walked into the bathroom. All I could think about was how happy I was with my life right now. Everything is so perfect I hope it always stays like this, and I know that I'm always gonna be best friends with Martina. She's my sister and I love her so much I would honestly not be able to live without her. I don't even wanna think about it. I'm closer to her than my own family. I'm so excited for eighth grade with her. But there's something I need to tell her. I'm gonna do it tonight because best friends don't keep secrets.

I walk back down and there's suddenly tension. I know she doesn't feel it, but I do. I have a secret. This doesn't feel right. We never keep secrets. I ignore it. We'll still have a great day. Its always a great day with her.