I'll Be Here

Rory woke to a pounding headache. Awful memories of the previous night flooded her brain. As she got up, she moaned at the embarrassment that overwhelmed her. Jess wasn't in the room, he was making breakfast.

"Good morning, Jess." She smiled, sweetly.

Jess didn't say anything, he just kept cooking.

"Jess." She tried again.

"What, Rory?" Jess bluntly asked.

"I just said good morning. No need to get defensive." Rory said, a bit taken aback.

"You act like you did nothing wrong. I was worried sick about you, Rory! I didn't know where you were or if you were okay. Do you know how that feels? No, you don't because you only care about yourself! You don't care if your actions affect anyone else. You don't care who you hurt."

By this time, Rory was infuriated. She bit her lip to restrict the tears brimming her eyes. "Wha...whatever, Jess! You're wrong. I didn't mean to hurt anyone, I was just upset. Ever been upset? N...no you haven't!" She stormed to her room, the tears spilling down her cheeks as she sat down in the corner. She wrapped her hands around her knees and sobbed into them.

Jess slowly approached the door, cracking it open. "Rory..." When he saw the love of his life crying, he pushed away all the past transgressions and took her into his embrace. "I'm sorry....I love you."

Rory sighed and wiped away her tears. "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. I didn't think about anyone else but myself. I hurt everyone."

Jess wiped more tears away. "I shouldn't have yelled at you. I was just so worried. Do you know what I would do if something happened to you?" Jess felt tears in his own eyes. "Why don't I make some breakfast?"

Rory got up, and took Jess's hand. Jess made pancakes and milk. "Here you go, sweetheart."

"Thank you." Rory gave him a kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too."

It's short I know, I know. I'm sorry but at least it's a chapter