1:15am

Time grows slowly here. You think you'll follow it with your eyes but you fall asleep before the sunlight reaches its roots. Sometimes its a distraction. However, Time is not your friend. You want it to be, you walk it up to the doorstep after dinner, kiss its hand and bring it flowers when it drifts away for a while. But as 8pm drips running colors into 10pm which morphs into another midnight you're wide awake for and the sun is almost up to say the good morning you never wanted. Its not a late night anymore. Its an early day. Sleep chases you away with panic attacks of moon shadows and slivers of the perfect nightmare. 2am is when the broken hearts illuminate the world like blank city lights. You think maybe drowsiness of the past, phantoms of sleepless nights will drag you into the dark but they don't. They never do. And then 2am closes its eyes to reawaken to 4am kissing your fingertips. You barely keep your fading eyes open for a few hours. People call you enchanting. You must have had some extravagant night life that no one knows of. You nod and smile just enough for their passing foot steps to lull you to the only place close to calm. That night you kiss the lips of your anxiety promising it will be the last. Just a one night stand, you vow to yourself as you entwine your hands around your ghost and slow dance with the skeletons in your closet.

You find comfort here, lonely sleep walker.

You are one of the many.