We The Shippers

After about thirty minutes of joking around, Dean and Cas walked downstairs after being called to dinner.

Cas, being the socially inept and anxious person he was, awkwardly stood there until Dean gestured for Cas to sit next to him.

A pretty blonde woman came from the kitchen holding a plate of chicken.

The front door opened and closed but Cas couldn't see who came in. Just as Mrs. Winchester put down a pot of peas did a gruff man walk through the doorway of the kitchen.

He looked at Cas and said "Who's this?" It wasn't demanding or anything, just a question. A question that Dean opened his mouth to answer but his mom beat him to it.

"He's Dean's friend." She put extra emphasis on the word 'friend' for some reason but the man, who Cas assumed was Dean's father, nodded his head.

He sat down the same time as Dean's mom did. She served food to everyone on the table and when she dished some to Cas he said, "Thank you Mrs. Winchester." With a polite smile.

She waved him off. "Please, call me Mary." She said with a smile.

"So when did you two meet?" Dean made a choking noise next to him and Cas looked at him for a second before turning back to Mary and saying, "We were in the same sixth grade class actually."

Now Sam was choking, but Mary ignored her sons and keeps smiling.

"How long have you been together?" Now all three boys were choking and they thought damn, I need to stop eating when I know something surprising is going to happen.

Cas gathered himself before Sam and Dean before he blushed and stuttered, "We-We're not t-together!" while frantically gesturing between him and Dean. And he swore he could hear Sam mutter "You would be if Dean had balls." Under his breath before Dean kicked his brother under the table.

Mary shrugged and said, "That's a shame, you look so cute together." Dean hid his face in his hands and let out a muffled, "Let's talk about something else now."

Cas, who was blushing red enough to pass off as a lobster, nodded and stood up. "Where do I put my plate, Mary?" She smiled at his politeness.

"Just go put it in the sink, dear." He nodded again and walked into the kitchen.

*:・゚✧ ・: Dean's Point Of View *:・゚✧ ・:

Dean sat with his face on the table blushing up a storm as his crush walked into the kitchen.

"I think you look cute together too."

"Shut up Sam."

"No really, your children would be adorable." Dean kicked his younger brother under the table.

"Ow! I was just- Ow! Would you stop kicking me? Mom! This is sibling abuse!" She arched an eyebrow at Sam.

Cas walked back into the dining room and took his seat next to Dean again. The family bantered back and forth, Mary asked John how work was, Cas told a funny story from his childhood, and before they knew it it was 9:00 and Cas had to go home.

"Aw, man. We didn't even talk about the project." Dean said as he walked with Cas to the front door.

Cas smiled and shrugged. "That's okay. I had fun hanging out with you, we should do it again sometime." Dean's hearts sped up and his hand rubbed the back of his neck, a nervous habit.