Adventures In Walmart

(A/N: OKAY I JUST READ A REALLY SAD STORY SO THIS WHOLE CHAPTER IS GONNA BE FLUFF TO CHEER ME UP.)

Cas had been buzzing with excitement the whole school day and he practically ran to his house as soon as he got off the bus.

He sprinted up the stairs and Gabriel poked his head out of his room. "Are you training for the Olympics or something?"

"Can't talk right now, gotta go fast."

Cas' phone buzzed.

Received 3:19 PM

You ready to go now? I'm not doing anything rn.

Sent 3:21 PM

Sure. My address is 221 B garrison street.

Received 3:22 PM

Got it.

Minutes later a honk came from outside. Cas ran, ahem, speed walked outside after saying a quick goodbye to his mom.

"That was fast." He said as he closed the door to the black car. Dean smiled and winked at him.

"You wanna know what else is fast?" Cas blinked. "I'm sorry, was that a flirtation?" Dean started driving away from the house, silent for a moment.

"If it was would you hold it against me?" Cas blushed but turned away to hide it.

I can think of something to hold against you.

"No. No I wouldn't."

Cas quickly turned on the radio to drown out the awkward silence. It was a twenty one pilots song.

Lean with it
Rock with it
When we gonna stop with it
Lyrics that mean nothing
We were gifted with thought
Is it time to move our feet
To an introspective beat-

Dean turned it to another station.

"Hey! I like that song!"

Dean quirked an eyebrow at him. "Oh yeah? What kind of music do you like?" Cas shrugged.

"A little bit of everything. Except country, country can go burn in hell." Dean laughed and the easy silence sat in again.

This is until Cas turned back the radio station.

The rest of the ride Dean and Cas were arguing over who got to choose the music.

"I'm not listening to that sullen emo crap!"

"It's alternative!"

"Emo!"

"Alternative!"

"Emo!"

"Dean, pay attention to the road godamnit!"

But by the end of the argument they were both laughing and Dean decided to let Cas choose the radio station, to which Sam would say later "God, you are so whipped."

They walked to the front of the Walmart and Dean opened the automatic doors with a wave of his hand.

He bowed and said, "After you fair lady." To which Cas did a pretend curtsy and replied, "Why thank you kind sir." In the same prestigious voice Dean had used.

They had made it to the crafts section after Cas had to pull Dean out of the home improvements area (basically hell) and Dean had to basically drag Cas out of the gaming area while listening to pleas of "But Destiny is on SALE!".

"What do we need for finger puppets?" Dean asked, looking at the array of cloth, popsicle sticks, glue, and many other things he had no clue what they were used for.

Cas came up behind him. "Well I've been doing research and I think we should make puppets of important figures in Irish history." Dean jumped at Cas' voice right next to his ear.

"Jesus! Are you a freakin' ninja or something?"

Cas rolled his eyes and grabbed some felt, scissors, and a sewing needle. "Alright, this should be what we need." Dean looked at the small amount of items in his hands.

"That's it?"

"Yes, this is it. Now I'm going to go pay for this, you can come along if you want." It took a minute for Dean's brain to catch up then he was hurrying after Cas.

"So are we actually going to work on the project or did you just drag me here so you could get a ride?" Cas looked up from the self-checkout and stared at Dean.

"I honestly didn't think that far. Would you like to come over?"

"Yeah Cas, I'd 'like to come over.'" Dean said, using finger quotes.

"Cool." Cas said, using finger quotes too. Dean laughed and put a hand on his face.

"That's not how it works Cas." Cas knew that, he just wanted to hear Dean laugh.

They were joking around just as much on the way back home. Dean had said something that made Cas laugh just as they pulled up in front of his house.

Cas' smile faded as soon as he saw the two sleek black cars in the driveway.

"Um Dean?" Dean looked at him and his smiled faded too as soon as he saw Cas' expression.

"What's wrong."

"Uh, I don't think we can work on the project today. I'll uh, I'll text you." He hurriedly got out of the car with the grocery bag and waved goodbye to Dean, throwing in a quick fake smile to make it look convincing.

Then he turned and ran back into the house.

"Gabe?" Cas asked as soon as he had shut the door.

"In the living room!" Gabriel called back, his voice sounding strained.

He walked into the living room where his four cousins stood.

"Hello Castiel."