Where is she?

To say Stevie was on edge would be an understatement. She had no idea what Ryan was up to at the moment, but she knew he was still in the house somewhere, not having heard his car leave. She prayed Lindsey realized how absolutely critical it was for him to come as soon as possible. She couldn't say she wasn't at all worried what Ryan could do to her, but knowing exactly what he was capable of doing when it came to her baby, that was what terrified her the most. 

Stevie jumped, when she heard Maria's voice and the girl noticed. "Mom, what happened?" 

"Not now, sweetheart, we'll talk later." 

"I'm... scared." Maria admitted quietly. 

Stevie nodded, whispering. "So am I." Looking past her daughter, she asked. "Do you know where your father is?"

"I think he went to his office. I'm not leaving you, Mom. He won't hurt you if I'm with you." Tears escaping from Maria's eyes as well, as she drew Stevie close, the two embracing each other, before Stevie pulled back.

"Do you have your things?"

"Yes, and Liam's, too." 

"Okay." Checking her watch, Stevie counted the time that passed since she called Lindsey. It was past half an hour. "I want you to take him with you and leave the house. Go outside the gates, I'll join you shortly."

"I'm not leaving your side."

"Yes you are, you must. Please, baby." Cradling Maria's face in her hands, Stevie kissed her on the forehead. "Please, go. I swear I'll be right there with you."

Unwillingly, Maria did as asked, knowing to be cautious of her father, she looked around and made sure he wasn't anywhere to be seen, before rushing Liam outside of the house. Almost as soon as they walked through the door, a car sped up the driveway and Maria thought she recognized it. 

"Where's your mother?" Lindsey asked, jumping out of the car. 

"Sh- she's inside. In the bedroom. Why-"

He didn't let her finish, leaving her very confused as to why it was Lindsey obviously coming to get them, as he ran into the house. Unfortunately, Ryan's home office window was at the side of the house, where he could see his 'long time friend' arrive.

Ryan got to Stevie before Lindsey did by a few seconds, trying to shut and lock the bedroom door, but Lindsey stopped him from doing that, pushing the door open with great force. 

"Get the fuck away from her!" Lindsey shouted, seeing Ryan grab Stevie by the arm.

"Oh no, you're the one who should stay away! If you take one step closer, I swear to you, I'll hurt her."

"Not anymore." Lindsey shook his head, being too quick for Ryan to react, as Lindsey punched him in the face, causing him to stumble backwards and letting go of Stevie. "Run.... I said, run!" Lindsey repeated, making Stevie do so. "What did you do to her this time, you piece of shit?!" 

"It's all her fault." Ryan wiped his bloody nose on his sleeve. "Or maybe yours, I don't know which one of you was the one more eager to fuck the other! You couldn't just stay away, could you? You made your choice, you let her go!"

"I did and I've been kicking myself for it ever since."

"Good!" Ryan spat, wanting to hit Lindsey back badly. 

"What did she ever see in you..." Shaking his head, he didn't really want an answer. "You don't deserve her. You never did anything to deserve a woman like her."

"Oh, and you did?" 

"At least I have always loved her with all of my heart, which I'm not sure could be said about you."

"What do you know anyway." Rolling his eyes, Ryan scoffed. 

"I certainly know it's a disgrace hitting a woman." Lindsey was well aware of their past. "How can you call yourself a man after doing something like that? You obviously abused her mentally as well, because if you hadn't had her frightened, she would have left your sorry ass a long time ago. All I can see in her eyes is fear and I hate you for it. She was a beautiful strong vibrant woman and now she's a shell of her former self, because of you." 

After a lengthy pause, Ryan spoke up. "Apparently, she hadn't been frightened enough if she went behind my back to get back with you."

"Oh my God." Lindsey shook his head, shocked. "How can you even say that? I just wish she had opened up to me sooner. This is as much my fault she had to go through this as it is yours."

"What a fucking hero!" Ryan laughed, clapping his hands. 

Staring at him for a moment, Lindsey said. "Whatever I say, you won't understand anyway. There's no point in talking to you. I can't believe I used to call you a friend." 

"Oh, really? And what about me? I had no idea my friends were welcome to fuck my wife either. You can stop this bullshit already, I know what kind of person you truly are. You're no better than I am, don't pretend." He then added.  "You two made me believe your bastard son is mine."

As soon as the words escaped from Ryan, Lindsey's fist met his face again. And again. Ryan then shielding himself, before hoping to hit Lindsey back, punching him in the ribs, yet not too strongly to cause much effect, receiving another blow himself. 

Lindsey would have probably carried on, but he noticed how bloody Ryan was and he then quickly realized, jail was not a place he desired to end up in. 

Breathing heavily, Lindsey pointed a finger at Ryan. "Don't you ever call my son that. I might not have been there for him all the time, but I still loved him from afar no matter what. I hope you received a clear enough message and you will stay away from Stevie and the kids. Like I've already told you, you won't hurt her again."

With that Lindsey left, going down the stairs and outside, where a very worried Stevie stood, waiting for him, as she then pulled him into her arms. "Oh God, Lindsey! What happened there? What took you so long?" Drawing back, she noticed cuts on the back of his hands. "You... you two fought?"

"I'm sorry, he just... He said some things." Taking her face in his hands, he kissed her on the lips. "He won't be a problem anymore, I'm sure. And you're with me now, you're safe." Kissing her once more, he then told her to get in the car as he did so too. 

Lindsey felt Maria staring at him and both he and Stevie knew she had a lot of questions, but now was not the time. They'll sit her down and explain everything later. Starting the engine on, Lindsey pulled out of the driveway, feeling Stevie take his hand in hers, as he glanced at her briefly, smiling a little. 

Unfortunately, Lindsey gave Ryan too much credit. He wasn't smart enough to stay away.