Your fault

Ryan wasn't letting it go. Eyeing Stevie suspiciously, he asked. "Are you sure you didn't call them yourself?"

"How could I have done that? You tied me to the bed and spent every second by my side."

"You said, you weren't going to be a bitch about it." 

Stevie opened her mouth to argue, but decided against it. It wasn't worth it. She would probably only make it even worse. Instead she finished making Liam a couple of sandwiches, placing a plate in front of him, she then turned to leave the kitchen, but Ryan blocked her way.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To get Liam's medicine."

"Tell me where it is, I'll bring it here."

"You don't have to be so paranoid, Ryan." She sighed. "You said it yourself, you locked all the entries and you cut the cords, so..." She saw him clenching his jaw, as she quickly apologized. "I'm sorry, I didn't think what I was saying." Not really wanting to, she placed her hand on his upper arm, adding. "I'm sorry." 

"Where is it?"

"Wherever you put my handbag." 

"Stay right here." He warned and she gave a small nod. 

Without any hurry, Ryan climbed the stairs up, leaving Stevie in the kitchen, who let out a heavy breath, going over to the window, as she then frowned, seeing several police cars outside the house. Squinting to see better, she could swear she saw... Lindsey?

It was him, she whispered to herself, closing her eyes for a moment. 

Should she just run out? What if she wasn't quick enough? She then glanced at her son, a tear escaping her eye. Tilting her chin up to look at the top of the stairs and she didn't see Ryan yet, nor could she hear him. Approaching Liam, Stevie lifted the boy up, as she turned to leave the kitchen, making sure it was safe to do so. She put a finger up against her lips, indicating that Liam should be quiet. Ryan had foolishly left the key in the lock, which she tried to turn without making too much sound. 

"Don't even think about it." She heard from behind and her heart stopped. "I have a gun on me and I will use it if needed be."

Still, Stevie was too scared for her boy's life, as she opened the door quickly and pushed him outside, knowing she wasn't going to be able to join him, when she felt Ryan grab her by the arm, as he then slammed the door shut again.

"Are you that fucking stupid?! Didn't you here what I said?! Aren't you afraid to die?" He shouted in her face, showing the gun he mentioned he had, while she just silently cried.

Outside, Lindsey ran towards his son, as soon as Liam appeared, taking the boy into his arms. "It's okay, buddy. It's all going to be okay, I swear." His demeanor then quickly changed, as he started yelling at the police. "DO something! What the hell are you waiting for?! He's a fucking psycho, who's holding hostage a pregnant woman!"

Having heard all the shouting, Ryan checked to see what was going on, becoming instantly mad, taking it all out on Stevie, as he slapped her across the face with great force, also turning the gun away and shooting once at nothing in particular. "It's your own doing! Why did you have to love him and not me?! We wouldn't be in this mess right now!" Getting a better grip on her, Ryan dragged her up to her feet, thinking of what was the best hiding spot. 

Pushing Stevie on the cold ground of the basement, Ryan began pacing, running a hand through his hair. "I'm doing this, because I love you. You just don't realize it that you love me just as much. You could have made it so much easier for yourself if you had just stayed with me, if you hadn't felt the need to go back to him." 

"I don't love you, that's what you don't realize."

Before he could answer, they heard footsteps upstairs, which made Ryan grab Stevie again, as he repeated. "It's your fault!" The footsteps got louder, as he glanced at the basement door, then back at Stevie, pulling out his gun once again, holding it up by her head. "If they kill me, you're going with me."

Stevie had lost all the hope she had by now. She didn't care anymore. Her heart was beating out of her chest and tears continued to flow, her hand drifting to her belly, thinking of her unborn child, Liam and Maria. She wished, she could have said goodbye...

Then the door got kicked in and Stevie felt the gun pressed into her temple and she thought this was it, before she heard a gunshot and Ryan fell down by her side. They couldn't risk it. She couldn't move, staring at his lifeless body, only feeling a pair of arms wrap around her. She didn't need to look, she knew it was Lindsey, who was told time and time again, he was to stay outside.

"I've got you, baby, I've got you..." He held her close, kissing her, as he then slowly helped her up and took her outside of that bloody scene. 

When they walked out, the kids ran up to her, but she couldn't say or do anything, completely shocked by what just happened. A paramedic approached her as well,introducing herself as Janet, wanting to take a look at her. 

"I'm fine." Stevie said at last, but she seemed far from it.

"I'll just look you over quickly. Please, come with me, Ma'am." The woman asked, but Stevie didn't budge, so Lindsey had to walk her over to the ambulance as well. "Well, besides some cuts and bruises, you seem alright." 

Lindsey was sitting by her side, his arm wrapped around her, as he kissed her hair, when she looked up, saying to the paramedic. "B- before this... I was pregnant."

"Steph, don't say that."

"I want to be sure my baby is fine." She said tearfully. 

"We'll have to take you to the hospital for that."

Stevie nodded, turning to Lindsey. "Stay with the kids."

"No, baby, I'm going with you." He protested. "I'm not leaving you ever again."

"Linds..."

Janet, looked at the two, as she then interrupted. "It's okay, they can ride along with us."

Hearing that, Lindsey went to bring the kids over, while Stevie was approached by the police and was asked to go over everything that happened. She really didn't want to... Nevertheless, she explained what went on in the house and then she, along with Lindsey and the children, got in the ambulance to go to the hospital.

Lindsey could tell how worried she was and he was, too, but he had to be strong for her. Once they arrived at the hospital, Stevie was immediately taken to a room to be checked over. She wouldn't let go of Lindsey's hand, who went inside with her. 

Soon enough, the room was filled with a strong heartbeat and neither of them could fight back the tears. She truly thought it was a miracle that their baby had survived. Lindsey bent down and pressed his lips against hers.

"I love you so much."

"I love you, too." She cried, lifting her head up for another kiss. 

Looking at her beautiful face, Lindsey understood that the recovery process wasn't going to be an easy one. What Stevie went trough was traumatic to say the least and he knew she would probably need some help dealing with it, but the fact he had her back, made him so unbelievable happy. 

The bad times had to be in the past, he thought.