We're home

Maria was given a task by Lindsey and so far she was doing fine. Although, the more clothes stores she and Stevie visited, the more irritated and tired the latter became. Maria didn't feel particularly good about keeping her mother up on her feet for so long, but she promised Lindsey that she would take care of Stevie for several hours and she had to stay true to her word.

"Seriously, Maria? We've been to like a hundred stores by now and you still haven't found a dress you like? I mean, yes, I get it, it's a party, but really, it's just a bunch of sixteen year olds. Who are you trying to impress?"

Maria stared at Stevie, mouth agape. "Mom! How rude!" But she then laughed it off, taking Stevie by the hand, as they were strolling around in the mall.

"I just don't get it. You're never that picky. If I wasn't six months pregnant, then I'd be perfectly fine with it, but my feet hurt and my back hurts, and I'm hungry."

Sighing, Maria checked the time on Stevie's watch, they'd been out for over two hours. "Well, fine. The party isn't for another week. Why don't we go have lunch?"

"Yes, please!" Stevie nodded eagerly and they went to find a nice little spot to eat. 

Of course, taking her time, Maria had kept Stevie out of the condo for well over three hours. According to Lindsey that should be fine. Since Stevie wasn't up to driving herself, they got in a cab and in about half an hour, they were home. 

Fishing for the keys in her handbag, Stevie finally found them, then dropped them, looking at Maria is if to ask, are you fucking kidding me? Bending over, Maria got the keys and unlocked the door, allowing Stevie to go in first, waiting for her reaction.

"What the..." Stevie trailed off, frowning. 

The condo was completely empty and she didn't understand why. Giving Maria a look, she saw her smirking, instantly knowing that the reason they were out for so long wasn't actually for dress shopping. 

"Where is he?" Stevie asked, speaking of Lindsey.

"Lindsey, she's your problem now!" Maria said loudly, bringing Lindsey out to them. 

"Hey, baby." He smiled, leaning to capture her lips briefly. He then looked at Maria, giving her a wink and saying thank you. "Well, now that you're back, I think we can get going."

"What? Again?!" She was strongly against that. "Lindsey, you two are up to hell knows what, because of it, I had to walk around for hours and my feet are sore and I just want to lie down, please."

"I'm sorry for that, Steph. I swear, I'll make your pain go away after we take a short drive. Please? Can you do that for me?" 

"I don't really have a choice, do I? Where am I supposed to lie down here?" Stevie sighed, showing every bit of her annoyance.

Taking her by the hand, Lindsey led them out, Maria following behind. He locked the door and they were soon outside again, getting into Lindsey's car. At least he didn't lie, saying the drive was short and it was, as he announced they had arrived about twenty minutes later. 

"What is this, Lindsey?" Stevie asked, getting out of the car.

"This is a house."

Rolling her eyes, she said. "I know. But why are we here?"

"Well, we're home, baby."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I just thought the condo wasn't big enough for all of us. Soon, there's going to be five members in this family." He pointed out, as if she didn't know that. "I started looking a while ago, I hope you like it."

"Wait, Linds. You... you bought us a house?" 

Smiling at her, he nodded. "Come on, let's go inside."

The corners of her lips curled up as well, as she walked with him hand in hand. Allowing her to go in first, Lindsey stood close behind, once they entered the house, waiting for whatever she had to say. 

"It's... it's fully decorated." Stevie stated the obvious, looking around. 

"I wanted you to walk into a home, not a house." He said, wrapping his arms around her from behind, placing his hands on her belly. "I hope you don't mind."

Shaking her head slightly, she swallowed back the tears, looking at him over her shoulder. "It's beautiful. I can't believe you did this." 

Kissing her cheek, he stepped to stand by her side, as he laced their fingers together. "There's one room in particular I'd like you to see."

Climbing up the stairs, he guided her to a room, which was right next to the one that would be their bedroom. The door was closed, and Stevie was biting her lip in anticipation, as Lindsey nudged her. "Go on."

Revealing what it was, she gasped. "Oh my..." She placed a hand over her chest, a wide grin spreading across her face. "I love it, I really do." Glancing at him for a moment, she returned to admiring the nursery. "I love you." She added, smiling lovingly at him.

"I love you more." Approaching her, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pressing a kiss to her temple. "I did this by myself, you know. This room was my special little project."

Naturally, that caused her to cry. "Did I say, I love you, already?" She asked, chuckling through the tears. 

Pulling her in a hug, Lindsey gave her a proper kiss this time, as he then said. "I will never get tired of hearing you saying it." 

Drawing back slightly, Stevie said, smile never leaving her face. "I love you."

"And I love you, too."