The Small Things

So this one shot is kind of a compilation of different one-shots I deemed to short to be a full-length update. Enjoy!

[ unedited ]

______________________________

His Obvious Problem of Being
Not-So Obvious

It was starting to get very annoying.

When Lydia asked Stiles a question about a secret of some sort, he would promptly avoid the question.

But not in a smart way, like leading her into a different area of conversation.

No, he would quite literally avoid the secret. Meaning, when she asked him about Scott's surprise for Kira and his anniversary, he had sprinted right out of the room. She'd never seen him run so fast.

But god damn it she was going to get him to answer her. It was getting old, the lengths he would go to shirk off a secret. So, as she was driving them home from Scott's house one night, fingers intertwined with his on the console, she had devised a devious plan.

Earlier in the evening, she caught Melissa mentioning a surprise party in the kitchen, and it just so happened her birthday was in a week. Lydia smirked to herself as her fingers gripped the wheel, Stiles listening to the music absentmindedly. The car was still moving, there was no way for him to escape now.

"So," She broke the silence, turning down the radio. He pouted a bit before turning to her.

"My birthday is in a week. You wouldn't know about... hm... any sort of party..." She watched as Stiles paled next to her.

"Would you?" She raised an eyebrow, turning to him slightly.

He stared at her, white as a ghost, like a deer in headlights. His eyes had grown to the size of full moons, and looked like they were about to bulge out of their sockets. Stiles didn't do anything but stare at her, crazed like a mad man.

She sat there expectantly, waiting for a final answer from him, but none came. Lydia furrowed her eyebrows, there was nothing else he could do. He was trapped, she had finally got him, so why wouldn't he comply?

Stiles continued to stare her down, before his eyes flickered to the car keys.

Oh, he wouldn't, She thought, her lips dropping agape.

In a swift movement, the keys were yanked from the ignition, her precious Toyota lurching to a stop. He plopped them down in a cup holder, before bolting out the car door.

She fumed, stepping out on the drivers side, watching the flash of his flannel as he sprinted down the street and away from the car.

"Seriously?!"

____________________________________

Newton

Lydia: babe please get cat
and dog food

Stiles: Sure :) want me to
get a bottle of wine too?

Stiles: WAIT