seventeen.

By herself in the waiting room, Kendall was on her phone scrolling through posts about her father, stepmother, and new baby sister. Still feeling a little left behind, she had to hide her pain to Toni. She walked in front of Toni's room door, and sighed. She opened the door and saw her father on the couch sleeping, meanwhile Toni was holding a sleeping baby.

"Come meet your new sister, Ken." Toni whispered. Kendall wiped her fallen tears from her face, and she smiled. Toni scooted over in her bed, and made Kendall sit right next to her.

"You okay? It's that time of month?" Toni asked while placing the baby in Kendall's arms. She nodded her head, and looked away.

"Kendall, we don't keep secrets from each other. I know you're not okay, just tell me; I can handle it." Toni whispered.

"It's a little overwhelming to know that I'm sharing someone with you and Dad. For the past seventeen years, I've been the only child. I felt like I didn't belong, but I'm a little better now." Kendall explained.

"I'm sorry you've felt like that. Your baby sister needs you, your father needs you, but mostly I need you. Kendall, I can't even tell you how much I love you as my child. No, I am not your biological mother, but I'm so happy that I can confide in you." Toni smiled.

"Thanks mom, I love you too." Kendall said. She kissed Toni's cheek and noticed the baby was awake.

"She's awake," Kendall said. She gave Toni the baby and smiled at their interaction. Few seconds later, the baby started to holler.

"It's okay, mommy is here." Toni said. She pulled out her boob and began feeding the baby.

"See you're made for this. But quick question, what's the baby's name?" Kendall asked. Toni smiled.

"Mia Michele Edmonds." Toni said.

"That's perfect. Thanks for the best early graduation gift." Kendall smiled. Toni kissed her cheek and winked.

The End 💕