Six

Noelle.

"I'm going to the library." I told Luke as I gathered my things to leave.
"Noey can we talk about yesterday?" Luke asked, grabbing my hand from the couch.
"I gotta get going Luke." I said, pulling my hand away and leaving out of the door.

"Good morning Noelle" the lady behind the desk greeted as I walked through the door.
"Good morning Ms. Diane." I smiled, walking over to her.
"What's the assignment today. I'll let you know if we have anything in that will help."
"History of women's rights." She nodded and began typing.
"Looks like we have a few things in." She said as she wrote the books down on a post it and handed it to me.
"Thank you ma'am." I smiled, taking it from her.

I looked for the books and after retrieving them, I took them to my usual spot near the back, stopping when I noticed the curly haired boy sitting near the windows with a stack of papers.
"Mind if I take a seat?" I asked causing Ashton to look up.

"Oh hey Noelle." He smiled, standing up and taking the three books out of my hands and sitting them down for me.
"Sit, please." He said as he pulled the chair out for me.
"Thank you sir." I smiled at him as I took my laptop out of my bag.
"Whatcha got there?" I asked him, raising my eyebrow and pointing to the papers.
"Uh I'm grading papers." he smiled.
"Oh yea you're Payton's TA." he nodded and laughed a little.
"I am. I wish I could be Hughes' TA though." He smirked, turning back to his papers.
"Why Hughes? Payton is a great professor. I wish I could take another semester with him." I asked curiously.
"Well if I was Hughes' TA I would get to see your pretty face throughout the week." He chuckled causing my face to flush.
"You think I'm pretty?" I asked quietly.
"I do, as do a lot of people." He smiled at me and I looked down at my laptop.
"Thank you Ashton." I mumbled before picking up my water bottle and taking a sip.

There was a quiet silence between the two if us while we both worked.
"You would hate being Hughes' TA." I smiled as I read through one of the books.
"And why's that?" He asked me, looking up and staring at me with admiration in his eyes.
"You'll spend every weekend grading essays. Every Friday he gives us a new essay to write." I smiled, staring at him momentarily.

"Its getting pretty late, I should get home soon. I have to make dinner for Luke tonight." I sighed, looking at the time. I had spent the last 4 hours talking to Ashton and it was the best time of my life. He was funny and so smart and interesting.
"I'm gonna be taking Luna on a walk around 6. Its gonna be one of our new routines. Morning and night walks. Will I see you?" I asked, putting my bag over my shoulder.
"I think I could make an arrangement." he smiled, standing up to hug me before I left.

"Goodbye Ashton." I smiled, walking away.

I pulled up to the house and noticed Luke's car was gone so I dialed his phone number.
"Hey baby." he beamed as he answered.
"Hey Lukey. Where are you?" I asked as I proceeded into the house.
"I got called into work." he said with a small sigh.
"Well alright. I'm um making dinner, what time do you work until?" I asked, petting Luna on the head as she ran up to me.
"They need me to close tonight. So I'll probably be home about 10 or 11ish."
"You want me to bring you dinner?" I asked with a pout on my face.
"I would love that baby girl."

"Alright, I'll be there in a little bit. I love you." I told him before hanging up the phone.