Nine

Noelle

I felt the bed shift under me and rolled over, turning the bedside lamp on.
"Luke?" I questioned, rubbing my eyes. He was halfway on the bed, pulling his shirt over his head.
"Hey baby, sorry I woke you." He said quietly as he leaned over, kissing my forehead and rubbing his thumb over my cheek.
"It's one in the morning, where were you?" I asked him softly after seeing the time.
"I closed up pretty late, we were really busy and then I stopped and got me something to eat." I grunted an okay back and rolled over in bed, going back to sleep.

I got out of bed as quietly as possible so I didn't wake Luke as I got up to get ready for class. I grabbed my outfit from the desk and proceeded into the bathroom, turning on the shower. Usually Luke wanted to be up with me in the morning but considering he got in so late last night, I figured I would let him sleep. Also he usually throws my schedule off so it's best to just let him sleep. My alarm went off, signaling it was time for me to get out.

"Noey?" 
"Bathroom." I called back to Luke before he came wandering in.
"Why didn't you wake me?" He yawned, walking over to the toilet.
"You got home late I figured you would want to sleep. Luke?" He hummed back a yea and I looked at him through the mirror.
"What did we talk about? Stop coming in here to pee while I'm getting dressed." I smiled, towel drying my hair.
"I had to pee." He smiled lazily, kissing me on the cheek as he nudged me over to wash his hands.

"Are you going with me on Luna's walk or are you heading back to bed?" I asked him, sitting on his lap, facing him.
"Is Ashton gonna be out there?" He asked, causing me to cock my head at him.
"Probably? He usually is." 
"Yea, I'm gonna go. Also I think you should start taking a different route to walk Luna." I climbed off of him.
"I'm not doing this, not right now." I rolled my eyes and shook my head.
"We'll talk about it later then." He said, standing up.

"What happened to your hip?" I asked him, noticing the bruise.
"Hmm I must of hit it on something at work last night." He shrugged as he looked down at it.

"Luna!" I called.
"So how long have you been talking to Ashton?"
"Luke, chill out. It's not even like that. He's a cool guy, he said he tries talking to you when you take Luna but you act like a douchbag to him." I said as I locked up the door behind me.
"Oh so you just let him talk shit about me like that?" He asked angrily.
"No, I called you a douchbag, because I know how you are. He said you don't seem to like him. If you would stop acting like every single guy is trying to take me from you, maybe you would meet some chill people." I explained.

We got closer to Ashton's house and as usual he was sat on his porch with his coffee; but he was off this morning, he didn't come off the porch with Luna's treat, or even really say anything at all. He just waved and smiled at us, that was it. Me and Luke waved back and just continued on our way. 

Ashton

"Hey Ash, wait up." I stopped in my tracks and turned to face Noelle.
"Hey." I smiled at her. She motioned for me to continue walking and she followed by my side.
"What was with you this morning? Not even a hello?" She questioned, bumping my hip with hers.
"I was on the phone with my sister." I told her with a smile plastered across my face. "Oh, also your boyfriend told me if I talk to you again, he'll kick my ass. I'm just not looking for those kind of issues my man." I laughed as I looked down at her. Her mouth fell open and she let out a scoff.
"When did he tell you that?" She giggled.
"Last night, I was sitting outside, finishing some papers and he must have just been getting home. He came down and wanted to have a 'talk' with me." 

"I am so sorry. I'll talk to him when I get home." She said, her face bright red.
"Don't worry about it, I'm sure he's just being protective."
"He's harmless really, he just thinks every guy wants to sleep with me."