Twenty-two

Noelle

      "Ashton" I yelled excitedly as I ran to his house. I know he didn't wanna talk to me but he was the first person I wanted to share my good news with. I ran up his front porch steps and he turned to me, setting a box down. I raised my eyebrow and decided to bring it up after.
"Whats up?" He asked with a heavy sigh, placing his hands on his hips.
"Guess what?" I squealed, jumping from foot to foot. He smiled and took the paper from my hands, scanning over it.
"You passed all your exams." He beamed, pulling me into a hug. "I'm so proud of you." He mumbled into my hair.

"Whatcha doing here?" I asked as he let me go.
"Uh, I'm moving." He scratched the back of his neck, his head hanging low as he looked up at me through his eyelashes.
"What?" I asked, louder than intended. "Where too?" My chest was heavy. The thought of Ashton not living near me anymore broke my heart.
"I'm not sure, I don't really have a specific place in mind." He shrugged.
"So you wont be here for graduation?" I asked softly.
"I'll be here but I'm leaving the next day." He explained. I nodded and slowly took my paper back. I just kept nodding my head before turning and walking off the porch. He called after me but I just kept going until I got to my house.

Ashton

           I piled the last of my boxes into my car, ready to leave tomorrow morning. I went back in and finished getting ready for the graduation ceremony. 
"Hey Ashton." My head shot towards the voice and I rolled my eyes.
"Hey Luke." I mumbled back, tossing my keys in my hand before getting into the car. Noelle must have already been at the ceremony since I hadn't seen her come out. I was so proud of her, I just wanted to grab her, hug and kiss her and let her know how amazing she was. I wanted to be able to take her out for dinner and bring her home to spend all night with her. I know its my fault for shutting her out but I couldn't stand her being with Luke any longer.

"Hey Ash." Eli smiled as he moved past with his mom and dad. They sat their stuff down in the chairs next to me and I smiled at them.
"Why aren't you guys sitting with Luke?" I questioned as I hugged their mom and shook their dads hand. Noelle had finally let me meet them when they came to visit her a few months ago. They were great people and I was ecstatic when they treated me like family.
"Noelle may have forgave him but I hate the kid." Eli commented as Luke looked back at us from the front. "I don't trust him one bit. Noelle was an idiot to take him back." I laughed a little and nodded my head.
"Yea I don't trust him either."

Noelle

          I took a deep breath as I walked across the stage. Luke stood in the front, a small smile on his face as he clapped but my attention went past him, noticing my family and Ashton, all standing together and cheering for me. My heart fluttered at the sight of it. After the ceremony ended, I went to look for everyone. Luke was the first to approach me, engulfing me into a hug.
"I'm so proud of you Noey." He grinned as he kissed me.
"You see my mom anywhere?" I asked, hoping Ashton was still with them. He nodded and pointed in the direction he had just saw them. I ran to them once they were in my sights, giving hugs to everyone. I glanced around, noticing Ashton was already gone. My face must have displayed my emotions because Eli noticed and he leaned over to me, whispering that Ashton had went to the bathroom. I smiled and excused myself momentarily.

I walked around looking for him before I saw him walking out of the restroom.
"Ash." I yelled, running to him. He wrapped his arms tightly around me as my body crashed with his.
"You look great." He cooed, brushing my hair from my face.
"You should come out to dinner with us." I offered, smiling big as he still held onto me.
"I cant." He shrugged slightly and I tilted my head. "I leave in the morning." He reminded. I sighed and stepped back. I guess a small part of me still hoped he changed his mind.
"Oh." I mumbled as I kicked lightly at the ground. I turned to leave and he sighed loudly.
"Noelle, don't be like that." I paused and turned back to face him.
"Why do you have to leave? What about me?" I asked him loudly.