Three

Ashton

   "Hey Noelle, you need some help there?" I asked as I approached her car. She had boxes piled up and looked like she was struggling to get them by herself.
"Oh hi Ashton, um sure I could use a little help." I smiled and grabbed a few boxes from her, following her into the house.
"Someone moving in?" I asked with a laugh as I sat the stuff in her living room.
"Uh yea. My boyfriend is." She said as she looked around the room. My throat went dry and I stared at her. I knew she had a boyfriend but I didn't think they were a serious thing.

   I finished helping her move the stuff in and she smiled after we were done.
"Thank you again." She said.
"It's no problem. I promise." I said, scratching the back of my neck.
"So uh, where's your boyfriend? Why isn't he helping you move his stuff?" I asked as she handed me a glass of water.
"He was but he got called into work. He told me to wait until he got home tonight but I have homework to do and I didn't want to wait." She said going through her purse.
"Here, let me pay you for your help." She offered, trying to hand me a $20 bill.

   "No I can't take that." I said, refusing the money.
"Please, I insist." She pleaded.
"Honestly Noelle, keep it. I was just helping out." I laughed to which she gave me a death glare.
"Alright fine."

Noelle

"Noey, I told you not to move anything until I got home. Do you ever listen?" Luke yelled through the house.
"In the bedroom." I called down, moments later him appearing.
"I went over to my apartment and everything was gone." he said, standing in the doorway, staring at me with a smile. I sat in the bed with one of his shirts on while I did my homework.

 "I know. Everything is put away. I didnt feel like waiting."
"All that stuff looked like it weighed more than you. How did you even get it in." He asked, sitting behind me and pulling me onto his lap.
"A neighbor down the street helped me." I said, leaning back into his chest.
"So is this what I'm gonna get to come home to every day?"